Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra-Life 24hr gaming marathon to raise money for children's hospitals 2017

1. Extra-Life 24hr gaming marathon to raise money for children's hospitals 2017

For those that don't know Extra-life is kind of like the gaming equivalent of the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure, but to raise money for Children's hospitals across the country. Instead of running a marathon, on November 4th of this year thousands of people will stream themselves playing games for 24 hours straight. Since it's inception in 2008 they've raised over $30 million dollars.

My fiance as long as I've known her has always done things like the Susan G Komen Race, the Bronx Zoo race for the animals, and similar type things. I've wanted to do similar but anyone that's met me knows I'm no fucking runner. So last year I finally took the plunge and did this for the first time. I don't THINK I posted about it here, and I know I didn't make a thread about it. It was a great time, my fiance and a friend did it with me, and while it was tough (specially in the last few hours) it was awesome. We're doing it again this year! Those of you I'm friends with on Twitter or Facebook have probably already seen my posts about it, though I try to post sparingly, but I thought this year I would mention it on TNL.

We'll be streaming on Twitch, and I think I'll be able to get it onto youtube as well. Last year we had problems with youtube but since I've moved that seems to have gone away.

https://www.twitch.tv/retromonsters

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKB...X65mZx4VN9tTyw

And this is the link to my donations page, if you want to or can donate awesome, if you want to just come check out the stream and hang out in chat as well, that is equally as awesome!

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm...ipantID=265687
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. We should do a tnl team
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. put mzo in charge. so i can save my money.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    We should do a tnl team
    I have a Twitch channel - what else would I need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Just to sign up at extra-life.org and have a way of streaming your games.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I already have a twitch channel and it's doing ok, is there a way I can get involved in this with you? I won't be able to do a 24 hour stream on my own but I could do a shift. Not sure how you are working it.

If more than a few of us want to help we can create a slack channel to talk about it or something.

Actually, I might be able to do a 24 hour stream, but I need to know more!
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 11 Oct 2017 at 08:06 AM.

7. Those are good questions that I don't know if I have exact answers to. I did make a team for myself, my fiance and friends that are joining me to join. If you want to be a part of that (or anyone else here) or if TNL does want to make their own team. I didn't want to try and push anyone. Let me know and I can send you the invite to join it. We're definitely going to be doing the full 24 hour stream, it's going to be my fiance, myself and a couple friends at my house. My one friend only made it about 18 hours last year, but my fiance and I did the full 25. I don't know what slack is but could we add something to the discord server as well? The other option, if you didn't want to do the stream yourself, would be to host our stream. My friend who did it with us last year did that and it got us a few viewers and more donations.
    Where I play

8. I think my biggest concern is going alone too. I know I can't hang a full 24 hours, but if there was some way to do shifts, I'd be down to help.

Discord works.
    I'm cowutopia send an invite
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Sorry Cow I never got back to you, I never had a chance to figure out how shifts could work or anything like that. Life has been busy and other things kept getting in the way/ We never did set up a TNL team but if anyone wants to join the team I set up for myself and my fiance please feel free too join, and game any time you want for as long as you want that day. https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm...m&teamID=35482

This is this coming Saturday and we're going to be starting at 9 am EST. I hope some of you can come check out the stream and chat a bit, offer encouraging words or just tell me no you fuck off.
    Where I play