Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CRT Madness

That Wega is the same model I have. It's fan-fucking-tastic. Not going back to a pvm as long as this lives.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    KV-27fs120s. .
    Samesies!

Mine has some banding in the middle and slightly messed up geometry. The former is a problem common to the model and the latter issue is probably correctable through the service menu, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. This is the TV the movers dropped onto the pavement from the back of a truck hard enough to collapse the bottom of the plastic frame. Still works great.

3. Picked up a Panny 27" 2000-2001 CRT TV (CT-27D20B). It works well but the picture is tilted slightly and a bit overscan. I went into the service menus and cannot find the right adjustment even after changing every item there.

4. could this help? He gets to the adjustments around 4:30.

Here's the link to the codes and descriptions he mentions (scroll down for Panasonic).
    http://tantht.blogspot.com/2011/03/t...enu-codes.html

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Samesies!

Mine has some banding in the middle and slightly messed up geometry. The former is a problem common to the model and the latter issue is probably correctable through the service menu, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. This is the TV the movers dropped onto the pavement from the back of a truck hard enough to collapse the bottom of the plastic frame. Still works great.
    There geometry is a little off in mine I think because it could use some caps but it's not bad enough for me to open it yet. I've found out the hard way what happens when you poke around there inside of a CRT without properly discharging it!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    could this help? He gets to the adjustments around 4:30.

Here's the link to the codes and descriptions he mentions (scroll down for Panasonic).
    http://tantht.blogspot.com/2011/03/t...enu-codes.html
    Thanks, I tried every item but doesn't shrink the picture horizontally. It is weird, I can shrink the vertical size.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I've found out the hard way what happens when you poke around there inside of a CRT without properly discharging it!
    That shit can kill you so dead. Whatever happened you're probably super lucky.

8. Guy on Craigslist is selling one of these 26" Widescreen Samsung CRTs. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-TX-P2...ct_top?ie=UTF8

His ad said to make an offer, which I hate to do, almost as much as I hate haggling. So I said as much in an email and asked what he'd like to get for it. His reply was $75 but he's negotiable.
    So he wants to haggle. Argh.

Offer $60, let him ask for $70 and then settle on $65. It's bullshit, but you know the drill.