Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alita Battle Angel

1. Alita Battle Angel

Cameron finally got it made with Rodriguez directing. And... well see for yourself:

You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Polar Express CGI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Fart noises.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. I mean, I could see it being a stylistic thing if other robots had similar designs. Make her a living real doll.

I don't understand. Rosa Salazar is a really good casting choice already.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. It's like she's in a snapchat filter.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. It honestly makes me uncomfortable just watching the trailer. The uncanny valley hits hard with it. Maybe that's what they're going for but just nope.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Really fucking dumb design choice. Everyone had giant googly eyes in the anime/manga, so why just do it with her?

But at least this horror will make everyone forget about Superman's lip.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 08 Dec 2017 at 05:36 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

michelle trachtenberg was the correct actress for this.

Rosa Salazar is ok, but she has less of the necessary jaw line or lip pout.

Also, using cgi for the close up shots of the arms and not using physical puppets like the original johnny five arms is a lost opportunity imo. Sure, maybe the response would have been less flashy, and they might have opted for a simpler motion, but the level of immersion would have been better. Physical props for close up shots of robots is almost always better.

10. Goddamit Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids