Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Games Minimally Reworked for Western Release

Wasn't the Roger rabid Nintendo disk system game released here on a cart with a completely different character?

Looking at wiki, it looks like a lot of Disney famicom games were reworked into bugs bunny games. Like 8 or 9 of them.

I took all your French Toast.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Even better: both are on the same cart, the other region's version accessible with a button code!

5. Castlevania III was originally known as Goonies Gaiden in Japan

Nier USA had a dad not in an incestuous relationship

Mickey Mouse: Fushigi no Kuni no Daibouken had different enemies and Mzo's ennui as a secret boss
    Donk

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Even better: both are on the same cart, the other region's version accessible with a button code!
    Oh nice! I think both versions look pretty cool. It's not the best game ever, but there's something special about it. The music is great.

7. Whoa Aurora! Nice to see you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Whoa Aurora! Nice to see you again!
    <3 Same!

Welcome back, Aurora.

Also, sort of related to the topic, the original Great Giana Sisters only officially came out in PAL countries but an American hacker made it into a Super Mario Bros. game. If you were a C64 owner in North America with pirated games, you most likely had the SMB version. Nowadays this wouldn't be a big deal because rom hacks/mods are common but back then it was notable.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Welcome back, Aurora.

Also, sort of related to the topic, the original Great Giana Sisters only officially came out in PAL countries but an American hacker made it into a Super Mario Bros. game. If you were a C64 owner in North America with pirated games, you most likely had the SMB version. Nowadays this wouldn't be a big deal because rom hacks/mods are common but back then it was notable.
    Thanks! <3

Now I have the Giana theme stuck in my head.

There's a Game Sack sorta related to this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbAPvxI56GM