Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Games Journalism

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Click the fightmans games article links. That's up and coming and has knowledge and experience behind it!
    I would but between e-sports and selling half finished stuff for full price (not new) under an idiotic f2p model (new) I kinda don't care about any of the fightmans for this generation

2. Capcom has been awful, and NRS games are wonky, but there are still some bright spots. Killer Instinct is better than it has any business being, and I'm looking forward to DBFZ and BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

3. I'm really looking forward to DBZF, I never could get in to Guilty Gear but starting from scratch on a new system that doesn't have ten years of history behind it sounds appealing.

Street Fighter V was a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Games journalism is an oxymoron.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

5. But just writing about things that make you happy in order to share them with people is pretty ok.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Street Fighter V was a mistake.
    SFV is the best Street Fighter has been in years. 100x better than SFIV ever was.

Of course, I say that as a GAMES JOURNALIST!
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    But just writing about things that make you happy in order to share them with people is pretty ok.
    Of course. I just think "journalist" isn't the right label for most people who write about games. It's not an insult to say games journalism is an oxymoron, it's just the reality; there is almost no journalism to do in gaming. There are like two actual games journalists (Patrick Klepeck and Jason Schrier), imo.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Of course. I just think "journalist" isn't the right label for most people who write about games. It's not an insult to say games journalism is an oxymoron, it's just the reality; there is almost no journalism to do in gaming. There are like two actual games journalists (Patrick Klepeck and Jason Schrier), imo.
    One might want to distinguish critics from journalists, but that isn't to say there aren't both.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    SFV is the best Street Fighter has been in years. 100x better than SFIV ever was.
    I can't think of a single thing SFV does better, and there are myriad things it does worse.
    I'd even take USF2 over SFV.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post

Of course, I say that as a GAMES JOURNALIST!
    this is why all games journalists are fraudulent shysters never to be taken at face value