View Poll Results: Should games force you to be good to complete?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • no

11 47.83%
  • yes

9 39.13%
  • I'm a fence riding p*ssy

3 13.04%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Should games be easier?

1. Difficulty is so hard to implement because most of the time adjustments are very lazy. I usually play on the default difficulty since I think that's as close to the developers true intentions, but sometimes it's a problem because then the game is too easy. How can you tell going in, though, that a) that's true and b) their hard mode is just stupid? I often times won't play a game twice.

2. I would like to see games implement save points, but dying erase the save point. Real world implications, bruh.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I can definitely see the argument and in the case of something like cuphead there's no reason to not have simplified mode be like SSJN said. On the flip side some other difficult games are harder to see how you could make them easier. Soulsborne games for example or as in the example something like PUBG.
    I feel like the PUBG quote is kind of scrub mentality. I don't see how a developer can build around that beyond allowing button re-mapping, which I support, because I am mentally incapable of playing with most camera axes setups. I've also seen people play games one handed or 3D print special grips in order to accommodate physical deformities. There are tons of video of people using non-standard inputs as challenges.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. I flip flopped the yes/no answers, because doing that is harder than playing games today

Ideally, I think games should strive to offer a wide variety of difficulty options. I stopped playing some games like Red Dead Redemption, GTAV and AssCreed 2 because they were too easy and not worth playing for the stories alone. Would it have been that hard to implement some harder settings? The same goes for difficult games. It's not going to hurt to include optional baby modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I would like to see games implement save points, but dying erase the save point. Real world implications, bruh.
    There is one game with something almost like that.

Also, zombieu had something like instant death for a bite. If you wanted your gear back you had to go kill yourself for it
    Last edited by Fe 26; 25 Oct 2017 at 06:25 PM.

I do like how most modern games let you change the difficulty mid game. It fucks with the trophies/achievements if you just want to check out the differences but I don't care about those anyway.

8. Count one no as a yes, I answered the poll from the thread title like the others.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    I flip flopped the yes/no answers, because doing that is harder than playing games today
    I like TNL because our mods rip the sickest burns.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Hipsters like the art style, cry because they don't actually know how to play real games.

Learn to game or fuck off. It took me 20 years to beat some Nintendo games.
    Last edited by GohanX; 25 Oct 2017 at 07:59 PM.