View Poll Results: Should games force you to be good to complete?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • no

11 47.83%
  • yes

9 39.13%
  • I'm a fence riding p*ssy

3 13.04%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should games be easier?

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Cinema skipper since the PS2 days,
    I can't be bothered.
    You're like one of those assholes int he 70s that worked on tv and didn't own a tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    LMAO

1:48.
    I appropriate the effort and that he knows what a fop is, but that joke should have been 20 seconds.

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I'm not clicking on that bullshit.
    You should. It's gold.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    While I agree with koda in spirit, I can't imagine buying any other form of entertainment and then being gated off from experiencing it because of some arbitrary boundary set by the content producer. Could you imagine buying the latest Harry Potter and while chapter 1 and 2 were in modern English, every chapter following devolved into a more and more arcane old English script? Then Rowling mocking you telling you to "get gud" at English. Or buying Transformers 5 on bluray and having to answer trivia between each chapter stop in order to continue the movie.
    Games painted themselves into this corner when they decided story trumped game play. If I dropped $60 on a new game in order to experience it- as games are often sold as experiences these days, then I better damn well be able to do so.
    I feel that some games are more like sport than others. And you are not entitled to make the finals.

Also, this game was like 20 bucks. Thats ok for an artistic effort. Like, I'd spend a dollar on a new type of food and not flip out if it wasn't good.

And as A Robot Bit Me' has implied, yeah, there is a hardcore level of reading. There's a lot of stuff in a lit major that can't be understood on the first pass and will take either consulting other sources, or learning other languages or analysis the history of the period that the work comes from.

Well, that is school? So what. No one is getting a lit major as a job or work. They're doing it because they enjoy the written word. They want to be a top player in that world.

And shit, some people even do it as a hobby. I buy books I can't read or understand. I have to learn other languages to get anything out of them. Sometimes I even have to learn other fields of STEM.

And "you" do it because you enjoy it. You enjoy the striving. And it often makes you better. I now know a little German, polish, Russian, french and probably some others.

5. Movies are observational art.

Vidya are games. They're fucking games. If you can't play Go, play fucking checkers.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. I will only play checkers if there are cut scenes in German.

I don't see why anyone would feel entitled to enjoying a game. There is no mystery what this game is about. Maybe if you were 1 of a few 1000 buyers that got it first. Maybe. But I think even before the official release date, reviewers were saying it was very hard.

Why complain about not enjoying something when you were told up front what it was?

8. I spent my money to not enjoy myself!

Ok smarty pants, how do you feel when you tell a parent or kid what a game is, then they return it all upset because it was what you told them it was?

Or better yet, all the yelp reviews rating a business lower because they really wanted A, but they went to place B that only has C.

Everyone knew it was hard. Why fucking buy it if you aren't going to like that?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I spent my money to not enjoy myself!
    Ha Ha Sucker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!