View Poll Results: Should games force you to be good to complete?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • no

11 47.83%
  • yes

9 39.13%
  • I'm a fence riding p*ssy

3 13.04%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: Should games be easier?

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    LOL seriously?
    Yeah no bullshit. To this day I feel so fucking cheated because of that.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Can this be a Git Gud thread??

I found Mafia 2, went back & played it and set it to hard. I love the story & environment, but honestly it’s easy. On hard, if played as a run and gun, sure it would be hard. But if played like Metal Gear Solid and focus on stealth and killing only who’s necessary, it’s still fairly easy. I’m like 60% through it and only a couple spots jammed me up.

What games on hard levels are still meh?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

When difficulty scaling boils down to damage sponging or reduced health or shit like that it bums me out. If it's not challenging your ability to think through the game then it's stupid. It also ruins the feel of a lot of games by making your attacks or whatever feel weak.

4. Good points.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Most of the Halo games can be beat on Legendary without a crazy amount of skill. It just takes patients and a bit of luck.

6. That post needs doctoring.

7. Reading back on my previous post I decided to YT the ending to 3D World Runner out of some level curiosity. I feel even more disappointed now.

As far as an "Easy" game I enjoyed playing more then once, Maybe Castle of Illusion for the Genesis is a good example. Stupid easy game but I loved how well it played, looked and controlled.

In the early years of games I've played I always felt like some devs wanted to punch you in the dick for even playing. Phantasy Star II was a good example of that. The moment you were out of town and fighting, you literally had to fucking grind levels so as to not get your ass beat later on and even then it was very brutal. I never gave Dragon Warrior II on the NES a run-thru but I remember some people mentioning that game was hard as fuck also.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 06 Nov 2017 at 03:43 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. I feel confident in saying DQII* is the only one not worth playing or replaying.

*I missed IX but it seems fine.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Can this be a Git Gud thread??

I found Mafia 2, went back & played it and set it to hard. I love the story & environment, but honestly it’s easy. On hard, if played as a run and gun, sure it would be hard. But if played like Metal Gear Solid and focus on stealth and killing only who’s necessary, it’s still fairly easy. I’m like 60% through it and only a couple spots jammed me up.

What games on hard levels are still meh?
    Prey is very much this way. If you take your time and explore the nooks and crannies for items, it is far easier than if you don't. Many "immersive sim" games are this way.

10. I’m not sure if it was designed or coincidence, but there are these walkthroughs of tough fights in Mafia 2 which can be completely negated by looking for the right cover spots and methodically executing enemies. It’s just a matter of watching where they come from and go, and finding a good place for cover.

That doesn’t always matter though, because I hid in a hide spot in a room full of Tong and paused the game to make dinner. Coke then jumped on the couch, fucked with the controller and managed to unpause, and then hit the fire button killing three tong before covering again and I got the controller.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 06 Nov 2017 at 12:30 PM.