Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: November 2017

1. Hori TAC PRO (PS4): A mini-keyboard and mouse which I got for about $150. The keyboard has a pass-thru USB jack on it for the mouse. You can use the included mouse or your own. I've tried it on Hard Reset: Redux and it works quite well (just be sure to max out the aim sensitivity settings to 4.00). It feels close to playing on PC if not exact, and definitely better than the DS4.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Happy belated birthday!
    Thanks gamevet!

3. Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4) and Viewpoint (PS1)

I really enjoy MEA, maybe it is early but I don't understand the universal hate this game gets. Viewpoint still kicks my butt.

4. I was having a pretty good time with the MEA, until I finished the 1st solar system. I then tried exploring another system that felt like a complete waste of time and haven't played it since. I might fire it up this evening.

*Edit* I played it for a couple of hours this evening. I was back to exploring a planet, getting into gun fights and rescuing some scientists from a Monolith. And then I ran into the Krogen that kind of bothered me at the beginning of the game. He sounded like a gay waiter, which is not what Krogens are supposed to sound like. It would be like watching Star Trek and having an effeminate Klingon telling someone they are going to crack their neck.
    Last edited by gamevet; 14 Nov 2017 at 10:23 PM.

5. With the announcement that Lego Dimensions is done I opted to take advantage of the BB sale to grab Beetlejuice, Goonies, and Teen Titans sets with GCU and store pick up to save a extra few bucks.

6. I forgot to take a picture of it but I got a Sony UBP-X800 4k bluray player. I've been wanting a stand alone player, and one that would do 4K since I've had a 4k set for like 2 years now. I went with his one because it was heavily discounted and it had 2 hdmi outs, since my receiver can't pass HDR. It could do just the 4K but not the HDR. We watched Wonder Woman in 4k last night and looked pretty fucking awesome.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    *Edit* I played it for a couple of hours this evening. I was back to exploring a planet, getting into gun fights and rescuing some scientists from a Monolith. And then I ran into the Krogen that kind of bothered me at the beginning of the game. He sounded like a gay waiter, which is not what Krogens are supposed to sound like. It would be like watching Star Trek and having an effeminate Klingon telling someone they are going to crack their neck.
    LOL, just met Kesh. I think she is a female Krogen, hence the high pitch voice. The only clue they gave was that an officer said "Madam" to her.

8. For about 2 minutes Walmart had a price error on the digital Xbone Gold edition of Shadow of War for $9.99. I placed my order and by the time I’d typed it out in the xbone thread to share here, it was dead.
    But the code was emailed to me. Probably give it to my son, I never played Mordor.

9. Nice, I saw others on FB got their order cancelled.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    LOL, just met Kesh. I think she is a female Krogen, hence the high pitch voice. The only clue they gave was that an officer said "Madam" to her.
    It's still poorly portrayed. Krogens are supposed to be like Klingon: Talk tough and don't take shit from anyone. Even the Klingon Woman are gruff.