Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: November 2017

1. Seriously though, I’ve wanted to learn it since my late teens. However, something would always trump it in “things I want to do in the little time I have away from work/sleep.”
    But I’m old and time is running out, so it’s risen a bit higher on the priority scale.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Screen Protector for my Switch. I saw a nice one for $9.97 and then another one for $39.99.

$39.99

$10.00

What exactly is the reason why the price difference is so huge again?
    Quality of screen protectors can vary greatly, but in my experience price is no indication of quality. A $10 one from a good third party is often better than any official protector. I'm pretty sure the one I have on mine was only about $10 and I couldn't ask for anything better.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Quality of screen protectors can vary greatly, but in my experience price is no indication of quality. A $10 one from a good third party is often better than any official protector. I'm pretty sure the one I have on mine was only about $10 and I couldn't ask for anything better.
    I figured as much. Looking at this cheaper one I bought it's really slick and smooth and came with a lot of items to make sure the screen was prepared for this to be put on without any issues.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

I can see the pictures now, that glass protector is the exact same one I have. Other than one little spot that showed up a couple of days later (probably application error) it's been perfect.

5. I have the $10 one and its perfect. Put it on in my steamed up bathroom and I had zero bubbles.

If that's the same type of glass protector that I have on my Win phone and iphone, it's rather good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I’ve wanted to learn it since my late teens.
    The good news is that there are much more options available now than before, and easier ways to look things up as well as work study into any free moment with it all available on phones. renshuu.org and Anki decks are free and in the latter case, plentiful. I personally have also been using cooori.com for some time and while I think it has helped overall I find it rather lacking in some regards. I'd also recommend finding a streaming radio station like Noas FM or Fukuchiyama Castle FM and try to have that as background noise when possible, so you get used to hearing it being spoken and sung.

7. I was in Best Buy this morning and on the Half Off Everything On This Shelf display was this Link pixel pal. Figured for $6 it'd be a cute decoration. I never looked at these things too closely because I'm very cheap when it comes to dust collectors. I thought it looked alright in the package as is but I had no idea they lit up. I had to turn the light off for the pic, but it looks really nice when it's on.

8. That Link light is very cool, how bright is it when it's lit up? Like is it just enough to show off the colors or does it actually illuminate other stuff?

9. drop by and see for yourself.

10. Assault Suit Leynos 2 is a really good game.