Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: November 2017

1. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    That is a GREAT price for that set! I would love to find someone around here selling new Lego sets, I'd eventually be homeless... until I built a house OF LEGOS!

Before I decided to bite on it I watched a vid on YouTube. It’s actually a small set, and it’s hollow to accommodate a crazy rubber band set up. I find it hilarious how Lego ships something like this in a oversized box corresponding to its price tag. Still should be a blast to build with the boys.

2. Ball of Lego, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Picked up a Yamaha DSP-A3090.
    My laserdiscs and 5th gen (and earlier) systems will have never sounded so sweet.

I'm not familiar with that one but the specs make it look like a beast. The spec sheet says 80 watts per channel but I bet it pushes way more than a current 100 watt per channel amp would.

5. that’s the word around the campfire. I’ve been searching quality late 90s/early 2000 amps and this kept coming up as a recommendation. I’d preferred something with component capabilities, but I’ve a decent quality switcher so as long as there’s no audio synch issues with me driving the video straight to the tv l think I’ll be happy. Mofo weighs almost 50lbs and was $2000 when released in ‘99. There’s dudes still using it in their stereo setup. The DSPs are supposed to be out of this world.

6. The battery in my New 3DS XL really nosedived, so I ordered a new one from Nintendo's online store along with a new backplate to replace the original that had worn down considerably on the edges. Now it's great again.

And then yesterday I bought the PS4 Slim 1TB that's on sale this week. I know Gamestop has the $50 gift card BF offer, but $200 is already a very good price imo to the point of not having to deal with that on Thursday. Really like the improved redesign from the original model.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Uncharted: Lost Legacy
    Strange note on this, the disc wouldn't play on two PS4 consoles. Thankfully I exchanged it for a new copy that works fine.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I'm not familiar with that one but the specs make it look like a beast. The spec sheet says 80 watts per channel but I bet it pushes way more than a current 100 watt per channel amp would.
    My old 1993 receiver pushed 65 front, 25 rear and 65 center. I could rattle the walls with it. I sort of miss that old amp. It pushed my front speakers (with 12" subs) better than my current 100 watts per channel receiver does.
    Last edited by gamevet; 21 Nov 2017 at 06:27 AM.

Yeah, I have an old Pioneer amp from like 1985 that's rated 150 watts. By today's power ratings it's probably more like 1.21 jiggawatts. The volume slider goes up to 10, cops have been called setting it to 4. It's not as clean as I like but nothing I've had since has pushed nearly that kind of power.

I've got too many old receivers laying around. I need to ditch them but they're too heavy to ship and I don't want to deal with Craigslist.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    By today's power ratings it's probably more like 1.21 jiggawatts.
    Yes but does it go 88mph?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. I need a receiver soon, this is good readin'. I used to have an outstanding Yamaha 5.1 DTS deal but a move killed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!