Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How Children's Content On The Internet Is Indicative Of a Larger Problem With The Internet

1. I think, again - it depends. There’s a certain foolproof aspect of it, like you said - “men like big butts and tits.” But would you make a big titty bubble butt lady advertisement, and post it to a bunch of gay male groups? Because there are a lot of companies that are this stupid. So yes, the companies that are doing well are the ones utilizing the information correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. I thought all those videos just funneled kids to Comet Pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I think, again - it depends. There’s a certain foolproof aspect of it, like you said - “men like big butts and tits.” But would you make a big titty bubble butt lady advertisement, and post it to a bunch of gay male groups? Because there are a lot of companies that are this stupid. So yes, the companies that are doing well are the ones utilizing the information correctly.
    I don't know if you need big data for that. A simple array that takes in the words on a webpage, then does a word search with some sort of AI deciding on possible ads would probably be enough. The brand or store would never actually need your data.

4. they buy it up anyway tho!

Yeah. And thats what I'm asking, "are they really earning their money back?"

This could be another .com bubble. Walmart, Target, whomever is buying this shit may wake up and realize they don't really need to pay for all this data when much of it is obvious and the same results can be gotten with much simpler and cheaper methods.

And trust me, the big companies are auditing these purchases. Someone is having to calculate a ROI each quarter for this stuff.

6. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. “Journalism”

I don’t have time to watch it right now, but don’t you make fun of Timcast

9. He uses strong judgmental language discriminating against the pedophile watersports community. LGBTQIAPWS
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. ”I’m trying to understand why, as plainly and simply troubling as it is, this is not a simple matter of “won’t somebody think of the children” hand-wringing.”

No it really is. Your average Disney superhero cartoon aimed at boys has more visceral violence than any of these terrible YouTube clones. Also YouTube is free.

It’s pretty astonishing to me how low the bar has fallen for someone to cry as serious as “abuse”. It’s a shame too, because in some instances that has been a really great development. And I feel poorly conceived outrage like this diminishes the calling out of really problematic behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The past is better, and the future is scary is the take away from this article, right?
    Yes. But add a sprinkle of “I did this but not my kids!” hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 12 Nov 2017 at 08:38 PM.