Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo 64 Classic Edition.

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Pilot Wings 64 has to be on that list. I was really disappointed when the followup didn't make it to the GameCube, and would not appear until the 3DS.
    Wing Island on the Wii is Hudson’s lackluster attempt to helm a Pilotwing follow up. Pilotwings Resort on 3DS was OK but definitely light on content and pushed out for launch.

Any time I fire up Pilotwings 64 I’m amazed how relaxing and engrossing it is for a early 3D console game. Probably my fav game on the system.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Wing Island on the Wii is Hudson’s lackluster attempt to helm a Pilotwing follow up. Pilotwings Resort on 3DS was OK but definitely light on content and pushed out for launch.

Any time I fire up Pilotwings 64 I’m amazed how relaxing and engrossing it is for a early 3D console game. Probably my fav game on the system.
    I love Pilot Wings 64, and I was not that into Pilot Wings on the SNES.

3. The Nintendo 64 Classic Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Space Station Silicon Valley
    I never did play this. It looks like basically Super Mario Odyssey?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

You guys are nuts. Pilotwings makes me want to die.

5. I completely forgot that Space Station Silicon Valley existed. I haven't thought about that game once in the last ten years, at least. That game was awesome, though!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    I never did play this. It looks like basically Super Mario Odyssey?
    It's more like a sandbox full of weaponized robot animals. You control a chip that can jump from one animal robot body to another in order to progress through the levels. I never finished it because of a glitch caused by the Expansion Pak, but it's a good game. There's a Playstation port as well.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It's more like a sandbox full of weaponized robot animals. You control a chip that can jump from one animal robot body to another in order to progress through the levels. I never finished it because of a glitch caused by the Expansion Pak, but it's a good game. There's a Playstation port as well.
    From everything I've read, it's not a very good port (as well as being Euro only).

8. The opening cutscene looks like it was animated by an 11-year-old, but I can see the charm in the game.

I don't think I could enjoy an N64 Classic, the tech just feels so dated. I can enjoy the NES look, and I can enjoy the SNES (maybe the slowdown could be improved), but these smeary N64 blobs are tough to look at.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Dun-aniki, i refuse to believe Wonder Project J2 has no appeal for you

Donk

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    The opening cutscene looks like it was animated by an 11-year-old, but I can see the charm in the game.

I don't think I could enjoy an N64 Classic, the tech just feels so dated. I can enjoy the NES look, and I can enjoy the SNES (maybe the slowdown could be improved), but these smeary N64 blobs are tough to look at.
    I feel the same. The 64 and PS1 have aged terribly. Sprites are classic but polygons just like cg age in dog years.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle