Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4, XBO, Switch)

It looks like Sega is finally doing it right this time. It takes place at the same time as the first game, but introduces a new cast fighting on a new front. "Canvas" visuals, classic Valkyria gameplay. Comes out in March on PS4 in Japan, Summer on Switch. US dates TBA.

I'm excited. I lost all hope for a worthy sequel to the original a long time ago, and Revolution looked like a real turd. This appears to be exactly what people have wanted all along.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 20 Nov 2017 at 03:28 PM.

2. I need to play the first one. Just need to find time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post

It looks like Sega is finally doing it right this time. It takes place at the same time as the first game, but introduces a new cast fighting on a new front. "Canvas" visuals, classic Valkyria gameplay. Comes out in March on PS4 in Japan, Summer on Switch. US dates TBA.

I'm excited. I lost all hope for a worthy sequel to the original a long time ago, and Revolution looked like a real turd. This appears to be exactly what people have wanted all along.
    Well...fans really want them to translate 3 and put it on steam if we're talking about what fans really want.

BUT, this is a close second.

4. Played one, didn’t play 2 or 3, so this is fine.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I need to play the first one. Just need to find time.
    Yeah this is my thoughts as well. I sorta skipped this series.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Well...fans really want them to translate 3 and put it on steam if we're talking about what fans really want.

BUT, this is a close second.
    I mean they want that too, but I doubt they'd trade a true next-gen sequel for a port of an old PSP game that couldn't really advance the series due to technical limitations.

They should really put both 2 and 3 on steam in a bundle for like 19,99 or 35,99

some details from an interview

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...-the-producer/
    "What inspired the story, characters, and setting?"
    "Kei Mikami: Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 were both released exclusively on PSP, which was a very prolific console in Japan. Their themes, therefore, catered to our Japanese audience, such as a schoolyard environment or a fantastical special ops team. This time we decided to return to the first game’s grounded military setting. As such, we moved away from super soldiers with extraordinary powers. Instead you’ll find characters who are more like people you could see yourself meeting in everyday life."

Also, Combat Doge and Foxy Sniper

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1511167036047.gif 
Views:	396 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	80959  
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Foxy Sniper will never be a good shot with all those clothes covering her.