Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4, XBO, Switch)

also, I think the problems with 1 were well known even in japan.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1511191903149.png 
Views:	273 
Size:	903.9 KB 
ID:	80961  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Foxy Sniper will never be a good shot with all those clothes covering her.
    It does make you wonder, if the federation is notAllies, where is the hamburger/fishnchips megatits at?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    also, I think the problems with 1 were well known even in japan.
    Yea hopefully they have a functioning combat system in here. If shit like Banner Saga can get it mostly right there are no excuses.

4. they've made four of these?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    they've made four of these?
    Sorta. Two PSP-only sequels that went full weeaboo, one of which was left in Japan, and an abysmal J-RPG spin off. The PSP games have their defenders but it's generally understood that the series never matched what the first game achieved.

So that's kind of the hype here. It's going back to the tone and style of the original, and on capable hardware.

Besides the shitty setting and characters, I hated how the first PSP game wouldn't let you save mid battle.

7. Anyone else been playing the demo of this? It seems like a pretty generous chunk of game. I've played a couple hours and not hit the end of the demo yet.

No surprise, the game is very good. It isn't breaking any new ground, but it seems up to par with the first game with some minor refinements. It definitely feels like a bit of a soft reboot to get back to what made the first game great.

The demo is out on everything except PC, so I was able to compare the PS4 and Switch versions. In the gameplay trailer Sega released maybe 6 weeks ago the Switch version looked in pretty rough shape, outside of cut scenes, but the footage must have been old, because the Switch version is now very close. The textures are still visibly lower resolution (to be expected given only half the RAM available) and there's more aliasing, and maybe a closer draw distance for shadows and foliage, but they're close. It's cemented my decision to get this on Switch.

8. I only played a few levels of the first, loved it so I am not sure why I never "finished the fight". The second one was awesome, I put almost a hundred hours into it but sadly our PSP broke and somehow the game is missing now too... I would start over though as I had a blast playing it.

I am pretty hyped about 4 so maybe I'll go back and finish 1 now.
    Send me your email if you have Real ID or your BattleTag I'm always online playing Blizzard games.

9. Finished the demo. It clocked in about 3 hours and there's still some optional content I haven't explored yet. Really, probably the best demo of a game I can think of in recent memory.

But it's also kind of cruel, because you get time to really get into the game, and it's still 6 weeks away.

I played the demo briefly. It practically feels like the same game as the VC1 remaster so far but that's not a bad thing considering how much I disliked the second game.