Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Man 11 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)

I want to believe but I don't have a lot of faith in Capcom these days.

2. I'm kind of over meters as means of mitigating secondary weapon abuse and "they do more damage against this guy" as means of encouraging secondary weapon use. There's no reason to use just about any weapon outside of the boss you're supposed to use it on. Have you ever once used that Hard Man missile or the Spark Man shot or Bubble Lead in contexts other than hard-countering the boss to which they're allergic? It's boring lock-key design.

ZX Advent
    fixed everything by giving every suit thing an inexhaustible and unique primary weapon and a limited secondary weapon and giving each its own mobility or attack quirk like air dashing or eight-way shooting but that's the best Megaman game yooooouuuuuu've never heard of! There are some lock-key "You need to use this suit to progress" parts, but generally they're all viable at any moment--you can play each area with whatever suit feels effective or fun or suits your style without penalty or limits.

The Hard Missile breaks walls and you can use the Bubble Lead to find false floors in that Wily stage but I get your point.

Mega Man 9 made good use of weapons but, as in your example, that was Inti Creates. I don't even know who is making this.

4. posting the GIF cuz I think it looks pretty good, but as an aside I wonder what this is powered by. UE4 or something internal?

5. The monster looks a lot better than Rock in the gif. It's just frustrating to see the tech reach a level where imagination is really the limit, but strong art direction isn't being utilized.

I'm not a big fan of Megaman's Rock(man), Paper, Scissors formula, either. They just keep remaking the same game for 30 years, and I can't seem to keep interest in them. I have no idea what 10 is like because 9 scratched that nostalgia itch perfectly. I'd prefer they take the games in new directions instead of continuing to make NES games.
    Last edited by Dunlap; 06 Dec 2017 at 10:22 AM.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I'm good with the look. It's still early, hope they fix that walking animation a little over the next year.
    Like MN9 got fixed?

7. Honestly this looks nowhere near as bad as MN9.. I’m holding out hope. But I’ll be devestated if it gets canceled.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'm kind of over meters as means of mitigating secondary weapon abuse and "they do more damage against this guy" as means of encouraging secondary weapon use. There's no reason to use just about any weapon outside of the boss you're supposed to use it on. Have you ever once used that Hard Man missile or the Spark Man shot or Bubble Lead in contexts other than hard-countering the boss to which they're allergic? It's boring lock-key design.
    They literally show in the trailer how at least one weapon can be functional outside a boss fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. I know and that's cool! It would be even cooler if circumstances alone rather than ammo limit governed weapon decisions, which is what makes Contra a lot better than Megaman.

10. Please let me shoot up.