Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Man 11 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Please let me shoot up.
    Well, Mega Man IS quite a bit skinnier, so...
    I took all your French Toast.

2. I like those floor bricks I guess.

Yeah, the floor bricks are pretty nice.

In all seriousness, I don't hate this. It just feels a bit safe and clinical. Like Mega Man made from a test tube or something. And then they added a few sprinkles because they were aware of the test tubeness.
    I took all your French Toast.

4. I like what I see so far. Art is not bad, I wish they'd gone with a more hand drawn/MM 8 style but at least the graphics show some effort and they're not ugly and generic like Mighty No 9. Will be interesting to see if there are any alternate graphical modes.

5. It's good that MM11 is going for a current-gen look instead of NES graphics like the last two. Sorry, but MM9's style lost me after Saturn/PS1 MM8.
    What's in the MM11 trailer looks good enough. Lukewarm gameplay (like Sonic 4) would be a worse thing than falling short of Cuphead's graphics. If this does nothing for you, give it time. Another trailer will probably show some improvements. Remember KOF XIV & how much better it turned out visually.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'm kind of over meters as means of mitigating secondary weapon abuse and "they do more damage against this guy" as means of encouraging secondary weapon use. There's no reason to use just about any weapon outside of the boss you're supposed to use it on. Have you ever once used that Hard Man missile or the Spark Man shot or Bubble Lead in contexts other than hard-countering the boss to which they're allergic? It's boring lock-key design.

ZX Advent
    fixed everything by giving every suit thing an inexhaustible and unique primary weapon and a limited secondary weapon and giving each its own mobility or attack quirk like air dashing or eight-way shooting but that's the best Megaman game yooooouuuuuu've never heard of! There are some lock-key "You need to use this suit to progress" parts, but generally they're all viable at any moment--you can play each area with whatever suit feels effective or fun or suits your style without penalty or limits.
    20XX is very good. Check it out.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Huge "Meh" for 20XX.

Orly

9. Roguelike platformers are usually meh. Nuclear Throne is one of the few rogue likes of any kind that I like.

10. Spelunky is still king of that catagory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!