Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man 11 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)

1. Yeah his legs don’t hit the ground, they just spin while he moves at whatever speed he’s going. It’s like when you go through a door in Mega Man X.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. K so finally picked this up for PlayStation 4. It's really good. ARBM should be happy you can change the voices from English to Japanese with English text so that should help him sleep better at night. Overall it's just really well done and the controls are tight. Just took down 2 of the bosses so far and loving it. It's all I really wanted in a Megaman game so overall I give it an 8/10.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. I don't think I'd want voices or text at all in a Megaman game. Or in just about any game these days.

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I don't think I'd want voices or text at all in a Megaman game. Or in just about any game these days.
    And I was accused of being old and set in my ways!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Just got this on PS4. Liking it so far. Block Man is history. At first the "hurry-ups" with the grinder coming from the left were a bit annoying, but they're not much of a problem. It would've been nice to be able to shoot while sliding, & to duck. Too bad the shop doesn't have a multi-buy feature for items you can carry several of. You can only buy 1 at a time & you're always asked "are you sure?". The switch to 3D graphics turned out well, even if MM's walking animation is a little wonky.

I got it on Switch and the game is super good. Beat it in just under 4 hours the day I got it, but I'm excited to try out more stuff. Only guessed at like 2 weaknesses.

7. I just... I don't know. I'm not impressed by this art style, and I feel like the music is almost insultingly bland. Maybe once the legion of YouTubers have successfully made 8-bit covers of all of the levels, I'll give it a shot. But I really don't want to encourage them by buying this.

And yes, I loved MM9 and I still do. 10 was good, too. I'm not saying 11 needs to be NES style but... I just can't get excited about this. But I also haven't played beyond the Block Man demo.

Mega Man is in my blood.

This game is good. Watch the Digital Foundry video. John got so excited playing it this week he made a video about it despite the game not being retro or pushing graphical limits.

I mean, there's always the chance that everyone loves it and you hate it, but this game was a HUGE surprise for me. It's up there with 9, 2, and 3.

9. I watched that too. I'm not much of a Mega Mang fan, but I thought it looked pretty cool. At the very least there's no dialogue slowing things down.

10. Yes... the Digital Foundry video convinced me to give it a shot. Bought it last night; haven't played much yet... Bounce Man level is good, though. I like it.

I'm still listening to it with 8-bit music as much as possible