Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New PC Engine Flash device/CD emulator thingie

ooff, just looked at the price.

2. Go look at the price of a Component modded Duo, Turbo Everdrive (and let's pretend it works fine with the modded Duo), and a stack of CDrs.
    Then look at the price of a PC Engine and this thing. Then realize you'll never have to burn another disc, worry about your duo's laser dying, or dick around with stupid collector prices for the real games and then worry about disc rot hitting them.
    Then look at the price of a PC Engine and this thing again.
    Seems like a bargain.

3. Don't forget the cost or expenditure of psychic, emotional, and physical energy recapping the Duo! Something I need to do for my time bomb.

It is a good deal if there really is no difference (or, better, only improvement) between this thing and real CD hardware.

4. Yeah this thing is a deal for what it does.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Oh, right! Or the Duo power supplies crapping out (sorry, John!).

6. Hey at least console5.com sells an adapter so I could use a Genesis model 1 power supply with it. There are so many damn reasons why this thing is awesome. I may try and get a core grafx or similar just because I don't feel like trying to fiind a PCEngine to TG16 controller adapter. Last time I did look they cost almost as much as a white Core Grafx.

If I could get optical drive replacements for every disc based console I would be so fucking happy. I'm still waiting on the dude who does the Gamecube one to fucking make more. I'm trying to hold off on the saturn solution till the card slot based one comes out. Maybe one day the dreamcast solution by the dude who does the 2 saturn ones won't be impossible to get either.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Has this stuff gotten more expensive in the past 3 years? When I got my white PC engine, I seem to remember it being pretty cheap.

Rarely does anyone talk about playing any of these games, only the woes of owning a system.

9. It sure has.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Has this stuff gotten more expensive in the past 3 years? When I got my white PC engine, I seem to remember it being pretty cheap.
    The white ones are still pretty cheap loose, especially if it's yellowed. Cores are a little higher since they are composite instead of RF. Boxed systems, Duos, us setups and CD add-ons are really expensive now.