Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New PC Engine Flash device/CD emulator thingie

1. ...just click the link if the OP.

2. For some reason I totally missed the fact that this emulates hu cards as well.
    Anyone interested in a ready to go, barely used Turbo Ever Drive?

AFAIK there are still units available, but it's going to take a bit to get anything that's ordered now. They aren't using a fulfillment company so although they have a ton of units ready to go they've got quite the backlog to get everything shipped out. I believe they have temporarily halted shipping new units as they try to figure out the RGB issue so that a hardware fix can be applied if needed.

I suspect that the issue is how they have the PCB grounded to the PCE. May be a really easy fix.

4. damn, this sounds dope but i have a Duo-R so looks like ill have to sort an everdrive. still, really cool option, especially with how finicky the disc drive can be.

5. Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    damn, this sounds dope but i have a Duo-R so looks like ill have to sort an everdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Anyone interested in a ready to go, barely used Turbo Ever Drive?

6. I've been wanting a Duo-R for years and years, but now thinking I might just pick up a regular old PC Engine next time I head over (to replace the TG-16 consoles I sold long ago). I guess I'll need to figure out which of these card thingies I should get once I do.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. You can spend around $100 and get an everdrive, which will allow you to play roms, but you're limited to whatever AV out is on your unit. You'd still need a system, and one with CDrom capability if you want to play the CD stuff. You'd also need the CD stuff. Big $$$ there.
    Or you can spend around $350 + the cost of a hucard playing device, and be able to play roms and disc images, and use genesis 2 cables to output composite, s-video, or rgb.

In this day and age, one way seems smarter than the other. I like having physical things. But when even the dumb Turbo CD games are approaching $100 and the good ones are several multiples of that, efff that all the way to the bank.

8. I hadn't clicked through to look at the price on the item in the OP yet—maybe I'll just stick to my Raspberry Pie. lol
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

This thing is rad. I'm using Genesis HD Retrovision cables and I'm looks great, but the noise issue is real. If that gets fixed then video quality will rival my RGB mod run through my RGB to component converter.

Actual use is great. Turbo CD games aren't really known for long load times, but the games I played they were pretty much gone. It was just playing everything from a hucard. There best part is that the CD audio starts instantly with no seek delay.

Well, NeoSD has posted that instead of trying to fix the existing PCBs, they are going to completely overhaul it with the fixes for video. Basically, if you order now or your order hasn't shipped you're automatically going to get the updated PCB, and those of us that already have them can send the PCB back for an exchange. I'm pretty surprised that they went with full replacement, that's gonna cost them some coin unfortunately, but it's probably the right call. They are going to set it up so that it can be sent to a central US location so we don't have to deal with international shipping.