Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PC, XB1, PS4, Switch)

1. I've been playing on PS4 and the few times I played online, didn't notice issues. Maybe because I turned input delays off and don't use the screen filters. Maybe because I use a wired connection. I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. If anyone has PC impressions, please post them!

3. I hit lag only on Super Turbo on PS4, Third Strike rematches are soooo much faster than the last Third Strike Online Edition.

The lack of 3p / 3k macros is weird and makes stock pad playing really unfortunate for the Alphas, plus 'Start' is mapped to the touchpad by default, which most sticks and Hori pads aren't gonna have. Long press on Options button for menus / Short press for start/taunts would be a better solution, but isn't in yet.

Game selection is good! Alpha 2 Gold was never particularly great, and I kinda like having the more dialed-in stock Alpha 3 cast instead of 'everybody ever' from the DC version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Are the hidden A3 characters selectable? Arcade A3 had Juli, Juni, and Balrog, but there were certain conditions that had to be met on the cabinet before they were unlocked.

5. Don't know yet. Alpha 3 is kind of my least favorite on the collection (don't care for the ISMs or the music), so it's honestly the one I've spent the least time with. Juni/Juli have museum sprite viewer entries, so I'll be surprised if they're not selectable.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 01 Jun 2018 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. It does - every game with hidden arcade stuff has it intact, too. You can look up how to do it when checking out the game's history entry on the game select menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    If anyone has PC impressions, please post them!
    It's a real mixed bag. The input lag with my HRAP PS4 stick was actually unplayable. I switched to a HORI 360 stick and it was workable. There seems to be noticeably more input lag than OE (which was fine). Red, and honestly even regular parries were not guaranteed. Lots of inputs just kinda disappear into the ether.

Ranked is set up fairly well though. Matches come fast, and there is no way to run out a timer like a turd before accepting a match as in OE. After a match you can rematch for a total of 3 matches if the other person agrees. However you can't see a person's connection before a match or where they are in the world. Overall the connections I had were decent.

The menus are awkward, and the controller config is kind of a disaster, even if I was able to set things up how I wanted them. You'll have an easier time with an Xbox stick vs PS. They routinely leave out the option to press "up" at the top of a menu to go to the bottom and vice versa. It is also impossible to tell whether you have selected "YES" or "NO" for a rematch until you learn which color means an option is highlighted, and the default is "NO" for some reason.

Another annoyance is that the online jumbles all of the games together. So every time I finish a match in 3S, I'm sent to the menu, have to click "Ranked Match" again, then select 3S as the game I want to play again.

All they had to do was remember the game you played last, and leave it selected instead of starting from the left every time. And of course, you can't tap left to go to 3S (last on the right), you have to tap right three times to get back to 3S. This isn't that big a deal, but it's incredibly careless and easy to fix.

I bought it in the hopes that I will have an easy way to occasionally play 3S on PC for a long time to come. Fightcade runs like it's underwater for me. This should be $20.

8. If Steam still does refunds for games played for under 2 hours, just buy it and try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I've been playing on PS4 and the few times I played online, didn't notice issues. Maybe because I turned input delays off and don't use the screen filters. Maybe because I use a wired connection. I don't know.
    On switch I think a big part of the problem is everyone is on WiFi.

10. BTW my input delay complaints are after setting the input delay within the game to zero, and I'm playing on the same setup as I was in OE save the change in platform. I would hope some small patches could fix all my complaints, but lol Capcom.

I am glad to not have to look at the revolting new 3S artwork produced for OE, and also have the original HUD character portraits back. Since they display the color a player selected, they're important.

Oh yeah- here's some comedy. The lobbies seem to be a mix of all the games. So I dropped into a lobby, and before the match we voted on the game to play. I picked 3S, they picked ST. Then we played ST, which I have no idea how to play.
    Last edited by cigsthecat; 01 Jun 2018 at 06:52 PM.