Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PC, XB1, PS4, Switch)

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PC, XB1, PS4, Switch)

Another Street Fighter Collection, basically everything released in the arcade pre-SF4.

SF1
    5 versions of SF2
    All 3 Alpha games
    All 3 SF3 games

4 of the games (SF2 HF, SSF2T, Alpha 3(!), and SF3 Third Strike) will have online play.

Everything is 'Arcade perfect' but we've heard that before. I'm hoping that it's close enough that people don't cry about it. I'm excited to have online 3s again. Online Alpha 3 is crazy, that only happened in Japan briefly. The game is pretty broken though, and I think it will be a bit jarring to go back to regular arcade Alpha 3, this is the classic which I assume will include crouch canceling infinites and a pretty small roster. I think it will get old quick, unfortunately, without world tour and all the extras usually associated with it. I know a lot of people love Alpha 2 so it's too bad that isn't online capable.

It's supposedly coming out May 2018. I doubt very much that this will have cross play, and I really hope the ports and the netcode are good. But with so many systems and so many games, I'm a bit afraid they are just dumping ROMs and basic netplay together.

Edit- Some more details below, and link to Capcom Unity post

Online includes 4 player lobbies. You can play against CPU while waiting for a match, arcade style, that's odd and new.
    Rollback style netcode. It seems like Capcom has a package figured out. I didn't follow if netcode on Ultra SF2 Switch was okay, but I didn't hear a ton of complaints, which points to acceptable these days.
    Has art gallery/museum, an interactive timeline, character bios, and a music player.
    Single player has save states so you can come back to a run later... I wonder who asked for this, but okay.
    Last edited by Darmonde; 12 Dec 2017 at 12:17 PM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

2. Most of the time I don't mind the lack of a d-pad on Switch, but then stuff like this happens...

3. This has me thinking about a Switch. No online for Alpha 2, but I bet you can LAN...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. If it works as well as Fightcade then I'm all for it.

5. With all the Switch releases I figure I'll just get a Brook converter and call it a day.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    I'm a bit afraid they are just dumping ROMs and basic netplay together.
    well it is capcom,

7. Darkstalkers, Marvel, AD&D, and Final Fight all turned out alright as far as I can tell, so it's not such a bad recipe.

That's true. I looked into it a bit more and 'Online play also features “rewind” technology that provides low-latency matches with the ability to adjust your own input latency via the in-game menu." So basically the same thing they've been using. Maybe they've settled on something that works and it's easy to implement now.

There are a bunch of other non-gameplay details I left out, but I'll go back and add them. It's only $40 at launch, also.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

So, the same netcode that didn't work in those very well. Great.

10. Hey, that netcode was good enough back on the X band, it’s good enough now.