Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PC, XB1, PS4, Switch)

1. Wakka wakka. $31.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. The local place here got it yesterday. It's exactly what it says it is. The game descriptions are really great primers on what each game did different/new. Being someone who played Street Fighter largely on consoles, it's also interesting to see that some of the stuff I took for granted wasn't exactly the same on the arcade counterparts. The sprite viewer is super rad, and there's a history/timeline thing for SF products but I haven't looked over it. There's also an artwork section that I haven't checked out yet.

The games are what you would expect. Arcade perfect. No bells and whistles. Online, VS. and training are all launched outside of the arcade mode. So, you can't pick a game and then later decide you wanna do a different mode. The big draw will definitely be having all of 2D Street Fighter in one collection, if not necessarily in the most robust way.

Like...Iron Galaxy's version of 3S still feels great. There's a PS2 Alpha Collection that mashes all 3 games up in a special mode, and has every flavor of A3 imaginable. These games have been re-released before with a lot of gameplay additions before, but this one is the first where all of it, in its most 'pure' arcade form, is all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Rad.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    every flavor of A3 imaginable.
    But what if I can imagine the PS1 Alpha 3's World Tour Mode?

5. Then you weren't used to being disappointed by lackluster fighting game add ons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    But what if I can imagine the PS1 Alpha 3's World Tour Mode?
    Oh yeah, it doesn't have the World Tour mode in the PS2 Collection! I still think it's pretty great though.

7. I haven’t played an Alpha game in ages. Looking forward to it. They were so fucking good back in the day.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. I just want to know how the online plays. Fightcade 2 is my current go-to for old timey fightmans, but if this can bring in a decent pool of players, then I'll gladly pick it up.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I just want to know how the online plays. Fightcade 2 is my current go-to for old timey fightmans, but if this can bring in a decent pool of players, then I'll gladly pick it up.
    I haven't tried online yet (I don't know if I even can before launch), but anecdotally I know a lot of people who liked these games in their day are willing to go back in because it'll be easily available on a system they already own.

10. So am I dreaming or did they just give me the ability to play any Street Fighter anywhere I want on the Switch??