Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PC, XB1, PS4, Switch)

1. GGPO and 2DF/Fightcade were/are fantastic. I don't know how a couple of dudes can do a better job in their spare time than a game publisher can do with a team of developers, but that seems to be the case more often than not.

To be fair, I think a lot of the fault lies with people using wifi instead of wired connections on consoles. It's a much more casual crowd than Fightcade users.

3. Did Darkstalkers turn out poorly? I only played it for a week or two so my experience was limited, but the netcode seemed really good and it was well received at the time.

4. Worked fine for me. SFIV netplay withstood 1-frame links and SFV plays great in those rare moments when you're actually in a match and not staring at a "Vs" loading screen. I'm less worried about the netcode and more worried about the tricky ports. All of the ST and 3S console versions are off to varying extents and A3 has proven a tricky games to port, too.

Because they're chucking so many of these things into a single compilation, I get the feeling they won't exactly labor over port quality.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 12 Dec 2017 at 04:13 PM.

5. It's going to be hilarious though. Instead of one community of nerds yelling at them, they're going to have 12 groups of animals all losing their shit in very specific ways simultaneously.

The SF1 scene has been waiting for decades.

6. Only four of those games will have online play.

7. Heads up, this is $31 on Amazon preorder right now. $40 on PSN (w/ Ultra SFIV that you get 'two weeks after release' apparently)

I probably would have bit on the latter deal if they gave you SFIV to play right now, but whatever! I'll take the $9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. nice, thanks yeller.

Edit: wait... they don't have PS4 digital version?
    Last edited by sedition; 17 May 2018 at 12:45 AM.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. Amazon's selling the physical. Looks like all physical versions are $31 w/ Prime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. $32
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.