Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PC, XB1, PS4, Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It's probably a direct port of the us arcade version. It was fucking BRUTAL. I'd always load up the Japanese version on my cps2 since it was more reasonable.
    Yes, it's a serious difference. Just tried SSFII X & it didn't seem so bad. "You must defeat Kaiser Knuckle's General to stand a chance" would be a good description for USA ST's difficulty. None of the KOF games are that hard, except maybe '95.
    In SSFII X it seems that the computer ranks up if you win a round, like it's playing for vengeance.

2. Gill is also a son of a bitch.

Yeah it took me a few tries to beat him yesterday, I'm rusty.

Being able to play SF3 in my hotel room is pretty sweet.

4. The more I play this, the more disappointed I am with it. There aren't even character leaderboards. And the thing Yeller mentioned, getting kicked out to the Game Select menu after an online set, is totally bizarre and careless design. The emulation and netcode are solid; it's not garbage. It's just cold. There's no love in here like there is in, say, any collection M2 has ever done.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The more I play this, the more disappointed I am with it. There aren't even character leaderboards. And the thing Yeller mentioned, getting kicked out to the Game Select menu after an online set, is totally bizarre and careless design. The emulation and netcode are solid; it's not garbage. It's just cold. There's no love in here like there is in, say, any collection M2 has ever done.
    I think the Museum and History stuff is neat. The timeline that seamlessly zooms into emulation, the character history with sprite viewer (selective as it is), and so on. But yeah, the little issues are weird and as cool as the extra stuff is none of it is as cool as when M2 throws in elaborate game-specific changes and more comprehensive options. The presentation of it all is pretty dry, too.

I expected to be disappointed, so that helped. It feels exactly like it is- a small company getting the license to rerelease the games, with a checklist of things it has to do. They checked the boxes in a short timeframe, everything else is barebones and feels simplistic because it was rushed and, well, at least it works. It feels cheap because it's cheap.

It's every arcade SF playable on PS4, with almost no load. I like that, and if you're a fan of playing the old games, it's a good deal. The online has worked well enough for me. Some bad lag when I was 0 rank as it probably looked anywhere in the world for other new players, but once I got to around 10-15 wins or so, all of a sudden I was playing people who had an idea, and I haven't had a laggy match since- but I only played maybe 30 total. It can probably vary wildly depending on population.

I played a lobby with my brother Chicago to Boston, and it worked fine, basically no lag. Every now and then we'd get 'lost connection' when starting a match and go back to the lobby, so we'd press start again and be in again 3 seconds later. Not sure if that was one of us or the game.

Played through the first 6 games yesterday, streamed to my 0 viewers. SF1 was brutal, and Sagat I basically needed to hope I got a 1 or 2 srk kill before he mauled me. I think the last frame hit can be 100% kill, haha. If anyone is playing this, make sure you end on the right direction for specials and use negative edge.

Romped through all the SF2s, one of then with no continues (love that ending music) as I remembered all my AI cheese tactics. They each took 20 minutes until ST which took I think an hour 30, with like 35 continues. Zangief would not stop fucking with me! I'll probably go through the Alphas and threes tonight.

It's great fun playing these again, and its kind of refreshing using a real working arcade stick. I don't think I've ever played any SF2 not on pad or crapshoot-maybe-working sticks and buttons.
    Last edited by Darmonde; 08 Jun 2018 at 11:42 AM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

7. Just what the doctor ordered, as I am writing an essay on spammers on forum with tiny traffic.

8. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Gill is also a son of a bitch.
    Yeah, his Resurrection can really suck. You manage to KO him, then... hey, WTF he's gaining his life back? So glad you can hit him out of it. Still, that's really some bullshit.

9. If you can weather his storm of bullshit, just get him close to KO and let him waste his meter on super arts..

10. The second he activates anything just rush him the fuck down. You can knock him out of Resurrection (and possibly KO) with a super art if you're quick, and Meteor Storm stops as soon as he takes damage.

Also, double tap to parry his fireballs instead of blocking, they do zero damage that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!