Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies only you knew about - (A pre internet thread)

Movies only you knew about - (A pre internet thread)

So the Christmas thread got me thinking, what other movies did I see as a kid that no one else I knew at the time saw?

The post I'm talking about is the Little Troll Prince

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ij30q

It has Vincent Price and Don Knots. It talks about God's love, love for others and death a whole lot. Its pretty dark, all things considered. No one I knew as a kid had ever seen this.

Another one, a slightly less obscure was the Dark Crystal. We had a copy that my dad taped off of HBO or some other paid channel. None of the kids I went to school knew about that one either. They probably wouldn't know about it until Disney channel played it a few times int he 90s. So for almost 10 years, I sounded like this crazy kid talking about gelflings

There were loads of cartoons that no one I knew had seen. Big Foot, Robotix, Gobots, Voltron III, inhumanoids, droids/ewoks, JEM, and probably others.

2. Heavy Metal and Blazzing Saddles. They probably knew of them but never saw them, because their parents actually cared.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. I initially knew Aliens from the Dark Horse Comics and the toyine, so there was some playground confusion as to plot particulars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

When Nature Calls/The Outdoorsters. The weirdest shit you’ve never seen.

5. All of my movie watching when I was young occured at my best friend’s house thanks to his dad’s humongous CED collection, so everything I saw, he saw first. I remember telling other kids how awesome Critters was.
    I’ve been trying to get people to watch The Blood of Heroes starring Mr. Rutger Hauer since I was in my mid teens though.

6. I can't think of anything that you guys probably haven't heard of, but when I was a kid, none of my friends had any idea what I was talking about when I'd mention Wizards, Snake Fist of a Buddhist Dragon, or this weird violent cartoon that I can't remember the name of at the moment(I think it's a 70's movie, about 50's street punks/greasers).

These days I find almost nobody is familiar with The Wrong Guy, which is a shame because it's awesome.
    Last edited by kedawa; 12 Dec 2017 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I can't think of anything that you guys probably haven't heard of, but when I was a kid, none of my friends had any idea what I was talking about when I'd mention Wizards, Snake Fist of a Buddhist Dragon, or this weird violent cartoon that I can't remember the name of at the moment(I think it's a 70's movie, about 50's street punks/greasers).

These days I find almost nobody is familiar with The Wrong Guy, which is a shame because it's awesome.
    The movie might have been Hey Good Lookin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_Good_Lookin%27_(film)

8. We had cable as soon as you could get it, so probably 1979 or 1980. I remember loving this goofy ass movie about a cop developing super powers after getting exposed to a nuclear bomb or some shit. And every time he saw the color red he'd lose his powers. I can't remember the title, it's fucking killing me.

Also, this weird movie about an orphan chimney sweep in England,and the kid runs off for some reason and falls in the river and then it switches from live action to animation.

9. "movie about super hero cop loses powers when sees red"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082924/

10. "live action and animated film boy falls into river"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078477/