Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: Limited Edition Street Fighter II 30th Anniversary cart released for the SNES.

1. I think he is talking about RGT and not MJ.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Decided to watch a MJ video on his worst console, which is the Atari 5200. He spent most of the time complaining about the size of the console and controller (fair enough). Then he went on and basically said since he never owned the console back in the 80s, playing the games for the first time sucks. And that a newer console (the 7800) have better games and arcade ports. That moron must have failed basic 3rd grade pattern test (2600-> 5200 -> 7800). Even if you know nothing about Atari, the nomenclature should have tipped you off.

Also, Original Gameboy games suck if I am playing them on that screen for the first time today.
    That's not what he was trying to imply. He also has a 5200 video from 5 years ago that give you an idea of how frustrating the console was for him.

He was saying that he had no nostalgia for it, and because of the crappy controllers and the expense of getting a custom controller just to be able to play the games, nostalgia is the only reason to want to own the console.

I never got a 5200, because 99% of the titles it had were inferior to the C64 versions that I have.

There's just way too many problems with the controllers for me to have any interest in the 5200, and I'm an Atari kid.
    Last edited by gamevet; 21 Dec 2017 at 12:26 PM.

3. I get the controller complaint, but there are solutions to this for a long time.

If he has no nostalgia for this, then why the fuck does he even own it and talk about it. That is the most asinine thing ever. I have no passion for this system so here is why it sucks. Fuck off.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 21 Dec 2017 at 12:56 PM.

I saw a bit of that video. I just kept asking the TV "then why do you have it? Why do you still have it?"

5. gotta get dem hitz!!

I was looking through MJ’s video page, and it sucks that the stuff he’s tried that isn’t like the normal shit most of us hate has like 30,000 views and the shit we mock and hate has 10-20 times as many.
    When your paycheck depends on churning out crap then crap is what will be churned out.

I dress like like I'm in my teens.

I don't mind Metal Jesus - he seems nice and supposedly does a lot for his little crew. Like pay for little vacations and to go to conventions and such. I dunno - I just can't hate him even though his content isn't original in the least.

Game Sack is where it's at, however. <3 them.
    I took all your French Toast.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I saw a bit of that video. I just kept asking the TV "then why do you have it? Why do you still have it?"
    He still has it, because he's a collector. It's like asking him why does he collect big box PC games, when he can download them from Steam. Then there is the content creation part of it, where there might come a need for him to shoot footage of gameplay from the console
    Last edited by gamevet; 22 Dec 2017 at 10:38 PM.

Still dumb. I would hope he has most of those PC games because he likes them or cares about them in some way.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    He's in his 40's. He worked at Sierra in the early 90's.
    Was talking about RGT85. lol
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Still dumb. I would hope he has most of those PC games because he likes them or cares about them in some way.
    Of course he does. He worked for Sierra and likes to collect the Big Box games for them, along with other games he had enjoyed as well.

Collecting consoles is no dumber than having a shelf full of gaming figurines, and he does have a Wico controller for the thing, so it's not like he isn't playing it. The 5200 isn't a console that is cheap to collect for, because of all of the time and money that one will need to spend in order to play games on the console. He makes a valid point about that.
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 Dec 2017 at 10:34 AM.