Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 616181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. We were in denial that the abuse was happening.

2. I tried to get that achievement until I read the odds of getting it.

3. 1. Persona 5

What a ride.
    I maxed out all the links except Haru, Coffee Dude, Politician Dude, Airsoft Dude, and Arcade Kid.
    I also spent over 8 hours grinding and fusing in the area right before the final boss so I could fuse this dude. Using him, I beat the boss' first form in two turns, and the final form(s) in a total of 5 turns. I'm sure I could have done it without him, but it was neat being so overpowered, even if it was just for one fight.

I'd love to do a "perfect" new game+ run, but I spent over 130 hours on this game already. There are just too many other games, man. Too many games.

4. That's cool, I want to start playing P5 but when I hear 100+ hours, I get intimidated.

5. 7. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    What a fun game! I'm glad theres (many) more moons to go after and new areas to explore, every bit of this game was a blast to run around in. Really enjoyed the hat mechanics, from adding an extra jump to using enemies abilities, it always feels smooth and natural. I'm going to need to drop a lot more time to get all the new costumes that appeared in the shop, holy crap they got expensive! Definitely feels like a game where I want to collect everything, hopefully it won't take forever.

6. 14. Monster Hunter: World

After playing MH3U and MH4U, it's so nice to see this series get a big huge console/PC outing. The QoL changes are really good overall, mostly removing stuff that serves as a neat novelty the first time you play MH but becomes busywork after a while (save for maybe the scoutflies, not sure where I land on them yet). The new visuals are utterly staggering when coming from the 3DS games, the environments especially. This was my first time going Switch Axe, and the new (I assume) super moves are insanely satisfying.

The only real downsides are some strange online decisions and the smaller cast of monsters. I get that this is the first time I've played a Monster Hunter that isn't the "G" version, but there are less in World than in prior mainline games, and I can kinda feel it in the campaign? Not a huge deal, though, because I still have plenty to do (just saw credits).

Tri was pretty lean on monsters, too. It happens when there's a big engine change like this.

They tried to make online more accessible but fucked it all up. Everything scales down to solo now and it's way faster and more efficient to do everything alone. Break points are busted too in multi. If you duo anything you'll be lucky to cut off a tail before a monster dies.

8. I could believe that. I haven't played much solo and have mostly done 3-4 player.

9. I enjoyed World a lot, but have zero desire to do any post-game armor building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. 22) Lichdom: Battlemage (PC)
    A good FPS with guns being replaced by magic sigils. There is regen health but it's changed a bit- your shield meter has 3 levels. If a level is wiped out it's gone for good until you find a shield orb. Loot can be found for spell crafting, & upgraded to higher rarities. The loot rarity level increases with every checkpoint cleared (dying resets it). The spell system does have a steep learning curve to it, but is rewarding once you're dealing 12K+ damage with Fire & are able to use Synergy spells. Synergies are some insanely damaging AoE attacks that can often one-shot a group. Shax is one of the toughest end bosses in an FPS, right up there with F.E.A.R. 2's Keegan- maybe even more. I liked this, even if it was sometimes frustrating.