Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 313151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The Last of Us I played maybe the first third of this when the PS4 version came out and I felt guilty about not finishing it for as loved as it is. But I didn't love it. The characters and their relationship is great, but the narrative moved slowly and ended abruptly and the stealth-heavy gameplay wasn't really my bag. Good game but not a favorite.
    The really cool part, that some may miss, is getting Joel and Ellie interacting while exploring. Yeah, I'm not really a stealth gamer either, but this game and Wind Waker did it right for me.

I just finished up my second play-through of SCII: Wings of Liberty. I was planning on beating all of the missions on hard, but I was too rusty and impatient to make that happen.

Ran through Gravity Rush 2 before the servers shut down and I decided to go for 100% trophies, something I hadn't done in a bit. Felt great!

Then I went through my pile of PS4 games and put the finishing touches on Dragon Quest Heroes and Yooka-Laylee, both of which I really enjoyed.

Played through Moss and loved every minute. Hope the sequel tease pays off!

3. 20) NBA Jam Tournament Edition (arcade)
    76ers vs Bulls, 53-51. All 27 teams beaten, with 44 losses. Not much to the ending, other than the NBA Jam trophy & some scrolling text. At the end it says "There is yet a greater challenge awaiting you... play on".

4. Final Fight 2 (SNES) - I finished this on Normal with about 4 credits. The game is pretty boring, it didn't get challenging until about midway through stage 3 and even then most of the stages are uninspiring. The final boss is almost a joke, you don't need to move at all to hit him until you get down to yellow, then jump kick and pound the punch button. This solidifies my opinion that FF <<< SoR.

Final Fight 3 has a lot of new ideas that bring it closer to SoR but yeah, absolutely SoR 2 and 3 are the better games.

FF3 has AI co-op, a grapple system stolen from SoR, super meter, Haggar's ponytail, etc.

FF2 is a little better if you play on maximum difficulty, but it's still a bit of a letdown after the original. FF3 is much better, although it suffers a bit due to the limitations of the SNES. If they had made a CPS2 Final Fight 3 it would probably be up there with the best beatemups ever.

7. I'm honestly surprised the 'retro remake' scene hasn't tried that yet, except 'it's actually a lot of work to make an authentic CPS2 game'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. But why would we want that when we could have another by-the-numbers RPG for a 16-bit system instead?

9. 13. Prey: Mooncrash

Such a good idea and cool structure. The higher stakes (due to permadeath) definitely allow some of Prey's mechanics to shine in a way that they don't in the main game, and while you're learning you're constantly faced with making some big decisions when it comes to what order to send people in, who should gather what, and so on. Unfortunately it does get a bit too easy in the later stretch, and I think I skewed the pacing a little by actually completing the biggest objective early, but it's still extremely cool and anybody who likes the genre should check it out. I'd like to see bigger and tougher games in this mold.

10. Crysis 3 (PC): I finished up the final chapter of the game today. I sort of remembered the ending from when I'd finished it around 4 years ago, and I'm still kind of wondering what exactly did it mean? You see Prophet without his nano-suit waking and walking to the shore. He appears to be Prophet's form created by the nanites, or is he something else?