Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 414161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (One)

This game is nuts. Had a lot of fun with it but it really tested my patience at times. I started the game on Hard and got eaten alive right from the start so I knocked it down a peg to get the hang of things. Enemies take a surprising amount of damage and the game does a poor job of giving you a good idea of how much and from what direction you are taking damage. It can take seconds to find yourself dead and not too sure how it happened.

I think I'd put DOOM (2016) above this game in every category. Fun weapons to use, but they don't have the visceral feel that DOOM does. The level design is alright, nothing really stood out to me. There's a stupid amount of stuff to collect. The story is the exception though, as it brings you through some bat shit crazy scenarios. Cutscenes can get a bit long but I didn't mind them as I think it gave good breaks in the action and it was always interesting.

I died a whole lot and got stuck on a few sections for longer than I'd like to admit, but making it out the other side was really satisfying every time.

2. The New Order was like that too. It really made you think about the path to take and who to take out 1st.

3. Yeah, sneaking around jumping people was a lot fun and is really useful.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Crysis 3 (PC): I finished up the final chapter of the game today. I sort of remembered the ending from when I'd finished it around 4 years ago, and I'm still kind of wondering what exactly did it mean? You see Prophet without his nano-suit waking and walking to the shore. He appears to be Prophet's form created by the nanites, or is he something else?
    In Crysis 2, Prophet's personality was stored in the Nanosuit which Alcatraz wore. You'll hear Prophet's voice say "They call me Prophet" at C2's ending. Alcatraz's personality changed over to that of Prophet as the nanites also recreated Prophet's form. So Alcatraz is no more- Prophet is reincarnated.

5. 21) Doom (PS4)
    While the PC version may be graphically best on max settings, it's still very good on the PS4 Pro- running 60 FPS either all or most of the time.

6. Finished Rayman Origins at last this evening. Holy hell that was a long, fairly challenging but beautiful game. I didn't collect shit, but I did make the game run its credits.

7. Quote Originally Posted by DHG Otaku View Post
    Finished Rayman Origins at last this evening. Holy hell that was a long, fairly challenging but beautiful game. I didn't collect shit, but I did make the game run its credits.
    It took me almost 2 years to 100% Rayman Legends. I loved it but only getting gold / silver on the daily challenges because the "Diamond" players made the grind very very long.

My wife and I beat Halo 2 last night. We have been going through the Halo games. We beat H1 and H4 (skipped ahead to play with a friend). We do not have a lot of time to play because of our kids so it was a nice accomplishment as H2 is not as short as H4.
    Send me your email if you have Real ID or your BattleTag I'm always online playing Blizzard games.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    In Crysis 2, Prophet's personality was stored in the Nanosuit which Alcatraz wore. You'll hear Prophet's voice say "They call me Prophet" at C2's ending. Alcatraz's personality changed over to that of Prophet as the nanites also recreated Prophet's form. So Alcatraz is no more- Prophet is reincarnated.
    I understand that. The question is more about what we are seeing on the beach. Is it the suit, or is it the host that has been replaced/absorbed by the nanites?

Phrophet killed himself at the beginning of 2, because he knew that he was losing himself to the suit and was going to be gone. Is that what happened to Alkatraz’s body?

9. Finished up Mega Man X4 (X playthrough), I like it. I might not finish up the Zero section yet (the Iris fight is a slog going in to the General fight and I don't like it), but it's as good of a game as X2 I think. Much much better than X3, which made it a pain to shoot a charge shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I really like the Zero playthrough, but if you don't use a guide for the weaknesses it can be a slog. It's really not great the first time, but once you get a feel for the boss weaknesses and how best to use the additional sword moves it becomes really awesome on replays. I still haven't played through since I got the collection either.