Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. Mzo soldiers through every stinker.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I felt that if I stopped playing the game, it'd mistakenly think it had bested me with its formidable puzzle oriented game play and not because it's a pile of shit that no one should feel bad about quitting. I'm not going to let anyone think they beat me under false pretense.
    I had to make sure it knew I could make it my bitch in spite of itself.

3. But mostly because this was like the only widescreen enabled non-racing gamecube exclusive that sort of interested me and I had it on hand. It's too much work to switch the widescreen CRT with something else so I'm kind of limited as far as what I can play in between customers. It's too bad just about every Wii game looks like ass regardless of display I hook it up to. Maybe I'll try Mario Galaxy next. That's another game I started to play then drifted away from.

p.s. The next game I'm about ready to post in here has me feeling about the same as SFA did, but for different reasons. Hint: it's a sequel to a fairly well received game and Pineapple loved it.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 16 Feb 2018 at 07:31 PM.

4. Not enjoying tFBW? I guess I have to stop recommending games, my ability to help has diminished since I stopped working with ya

5. the Fink Between Worlds? tgi Friday's Buffalo Wontons? I still don't know what it is.

6. The Fabulous Baker Women.
    The Family Berenstain Workout.
    Team Fortress Balkan Wars.
    Trans Formers Beast Wars.
    True Flight Basketball Wingtips.

7. Dandara (PSN) - This was ok! It gets barren towards the end of the game, activities wise. The first hour of play has some neat one-off events that you never see again, which is too bad. It felt like they came up with some cool stuff halfway thorough development and forgot to pepper the game with it.

The wall to wall movement style is a lot less tedious than walking and jumping, and the combat has some good tension to it.

It's super easy to get stuck looking for the next thing, the low detail map system doesn't do a very good job of being a map when the playfield rotates every time you go through a door and the map remains locked. It also has a tendency of forgetting to indicate the room you're in, which is a problem in a Metroid game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I "finished" R-Type Dimensions by using infinite lives on both R-Type and R-Type 2. I turned off the new redone graphics, they look horrible compared to the original art. I have always loved R-Type but could never get past stage 4, and having infinite lives allow me to see the rest of the game. I hate to say it, but I will probably never play the original arcade R-Types ever again. The game is so cheap, at the later stages everything is faster than your ship, and every enemy takes multiple hits and coming at you at every direction. I don't know how people can actually finish this on 1cc, they must have god like reflex. The boss is so cheap with unavoidable things that sticks to you and kill you. I still love the look of the original arcade games though.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 19 Feb 2018 at 10:15 PM.

9. The SMS port is a bit easier and has a hidden stage. The music sounds really nice too.

10. The SMS version is actually the very first time I played R-Type. Fantastic port.