Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. 3D World was an excellent game, it just wasn't as exciting/fresh as Odyssey was. It's still a master class in platformer design, it just wasn't anything wildly new after two Galaxy games and 3D Land.

3d World was one of the least ambitious mainline Mario games but at least it was really polished.

I finished Resident Evil 7. This is the best RE since 4. I wouldn't rank as high as some of the classics but the first-person view made it feel fresh and it strikes a good balance between modern conveniences and old fashioned survival horror. I imagine it's even better in VR.

It's pants shittingly good in VR. The outdoors intro was a little low res and weird-looking but once you go inside you ARE in the mansion. It's a fucking awful feeling and it's great.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    It's pants shittingly good.
    Like Arby's?

5. 2. XCOM: EU

Finished a run on Normal. Only took five years! Probably my favorite non-Culdcept, non-Marble Mania game of the generation.

Started EW on Classic, Ironman. I am getting slaughtered. Lost my whole squad twice; I have no idea how to deal with these new Arrival enemies who disappear and reappear on your face. The additions the expansion brings (the new maps, Meld, and medals) are all really smart, though; EU needed ways to 1. motivate you to move across maps more quickly and 2. distinguish between units within the same class. EW solves both problems elegantly.

Deus Ex MD: A Criminal Past DLC - This is easily the best of the three side story expansions. They designed a whole new area with the prison break theme instead of just re-using areas. And having your abilities taken away for half the game makes it much more focused on survival and strategy. In the end stretch, I was overpowered, though. They could have balanced the game so it wasn't as front loaded for challenge but overall this surpassed expectations I had for DLC.

7. 08) The King of Fighters '94 (AC)
    MVS full defaults, level 4.
    Finished off Rugal using Heidern, with the Neck Rolling move for the kill. Not a 1CC, since it took more than several tries. Oh well, taking him down at all is something.

Put Heidern 3rd in your team order. For the first round with Rugal, just throw abuse him until he's KOed. Come in with a jumpkick & if you land right you should be able to throw him right away. On the 2nd form, whenever Rugal is charging he'll ignore you. Take a free shot.

With the right timing the NR can counter Rugal's Reppu-ken. I've seen someone on Youtube counter a Genocide Cutter with Go To Hell. BAM, a bit over 50% of Rugal's life gone. GTH doesn't always do that much so I guess it's a counter bonus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0006.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	81145  

What Remains of Edith Finch - A bit over-hyped as these kind of games tend to be but it was worth playing through for the clever ways it blends visually different settings and character memories.

9. I beat Hell Yeah! today. I thought it was pretty good, a lot of the mini boss enemies were kinda lame and the animations afterwards got old, but it was a pretty fun little game.

10. 4. Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Glad I finally got to give this a whirl, started it on Saturday and finished it this morning. The controls felt perfect and responsive, the camera was much better than in the first game, and everything felt well paced and interesting. Missed a couple weapons and some areas and costumes so I'm definitely going back. Maybe even to play as Jeanne! Overall it didn't wow me like the first game did, but it was a more concise and better executed package. Definitely an awesome game.