Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. the worst

2. Not to mention, bespoke and core.

3. Finished my replay of Bayonetta 1 on Switch. I had played this for work when it was new, but this was my first time playing it in 9 years and, in truth, my first time playing it for fun.

The action is a ton of fun, but it's interesting to see how dated it is in some ways. The camera is absolute garbage. The visual design is very brown too. Technologically it doesn't feel out of place on Switch, but it's just dated in some ways. I still enjoyed it, but I'm looking forward to playing 2 for the first time and seeing if they've modernized these things. I can already tell it's a lot more colorful.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I heard it’s the Demon’s Souls of rogue-like arcade falling games.
    Seeing Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap of all games being compared to Dark Souls takes the cake for me. I can't even get mad, though. I'm happy people are playing the game in 2017/2018.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Blender pi mod!

I was planning of buying DQ3 on GBC as I prefer the portability, is the translated SNES that much better?
    They play pretty much the same, and the GBC one is excellent. But you know how nice Chrono Trigger looks on SFC? DQ3 looks better. It was made super late into the SFC's lifespan and is gorgeous. It doesn't have any special chips or anything so it plays fine in an Everdrive or whatever.

6. Thanks, operation hacked rom will commence.

I love 7, but SFC 3 really is best imo.

Speaking of 7, what happened to the gecko in the 3ds version?

8. Sine Mora EX (Switch), story mode. This game isn't very particular fun, like most Eurotrash shmups. The hit detection feels off, and you have to constantly spam your matrix-ish slow-down ability to get through the incredibly tough stages. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to conserve that power and you will die a shit ton when your run out of Neo juice.

The last boss is also dumb af, it is just a big metal ball. The game is very pretty though with some stupid story grafted in between stages. The VA is so dull, you can tell the actors don't really want to do it.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Worth playing through once for the atmosphere. The object-finding puzzles, simple combat, and monologues got a bit repetitive. It's not a long game but being an hour or two shorter would have paced it better.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Sine Mora EX (Switch), story mode. This game isn't very particular fun, like most Eurotrash shmups. The hit detection feels off, and you have to constantly spam your matrix-ish slow-down ability to get through the incredibly tough stages. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to conserve that power and you will die a shit ton when your run out of Neo juice.

The last boss is also dumb af, it is just a big metal ball. The game is very pretty though with some stupid story grafted in between stages. The VA is so dull, you can tell the actors don't really want to do it.
    I never finished this but this is exactly how I felt about it, wish I had read this review years ago. I remember REALLY wanting to like the game, but it didn't pan out.

3. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
    Had a lot of fun with this game. I like that you can switch between characters at the start of each stage, and for the most part they feel a little different (Mario and Toad feel essentially the same). The cat suit was fun and the few times when the cherry power up came into play were well done. Also big kudos to this game for introducing Captain Toad (which I'm still going through proper). No desire to go back for all the stars and stamps I missed first time around, but it really was fun. Now I just need to find a way to get me a Switch and play Odyssey before it's half a decade old.