Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. It pisses me off that I can’t play my PC version of Bullet Storm. I need to find the time to disable the Windows store and re-enable Windows LIVE.

2. 19) Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4)
    Played on PC already, but this was offered for free on PS+.
    Like the other two before it, BO3 has a solid campaign. Enjoying this one made me a bit sad, thanks to BO4's ditching the campaign & becoming a strictly multiplayer game (New Black Ops... great campaign ahead... wait, what? NO?) What a letdown. Let's hope that CoD as the entire series is not headed this way.

3. 6. Slay The Spire (PC)

Watched Cow play this one several times and got interested, was on sale this week so I grabbed it. Really nice deck building game with lots of options. I managed to get through the final boss on my second attempt, where I avoided combat and went for as many unknown areas and merchants as I could. Ironclad felt pretty good, the second class I got halfway through the second act before biting the bullet, not as big a fan of the poison and lower defense. Really like this style of game sometimes, I can put a podcast on in the background and just click through leisurely. Will continue to try and beat it with all the classes, probably will try for all the achievements as well.

4. 11. Budget Cuts

This was solid. The core stealth mechanics are a really good first attempt for stealth in VR, much improved from the demo, and they build up to a nice end against an Alien-like final boss. All told they probably couldn't carry the game much further than they did, but I actually would have loved to see more combat mixed in. The ending-ending left me sour, being a cliffhanger and having the credits sequence carry you through what could have been a very fun segment to actually play. Performance issues also got to me a bit.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    19) Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4)
    Played on PC already, but this was offered for free on PS+.
    Like the other two before it, BO3 has a solid campaign. Enjoying this one made me a bit sad, thanks to BO4's ditching the campaign & becoming a strictly multiplayer game (New Black Ops... great campaign ahead... wait, what? NO?) What a letdown. Let's hope that CoD as the entire series is not headed this way.
    I always enjoy the CoD campaigns. Big dumb summer blockbusters. They always have really cool set pieces that looks pretty amazing. The gameplay hasn’t changed much over the years but it’s the best shooting controls around anyways. I understand them shifting focus to multiplayer but when you make a billion dollars every year I feel like that’s a bullshit excuse to say that people don’t want the campaign. I think they were well into development with the same jump pack boosting bullshit multi and seen the crap sales on infinite warfare and the better sales on Ww2 and had to ditch the campaign to get everyone reworking the online game.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

Feeling completion-y lately.

Started up Gravity Rush 2 due to the servers shutting down soon and managed to get everything in time. Kept going and got the platinum for the game and the DLC.

Gotta say, the game looks amazing and I want to love it so much, but I don't. They have no idea how to make fun gameplay for this series, almost like the mechanics came first and they didn't know what to do with them. First game was better due to it being smaller, more simple. Love just falling around these giant environments, hate the missions. It's basically ol' Spiderman 2.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    I always enjoy the CoD campaigns. Big dumb summer blockbusters. They always have really cool set pieces that looks pretty amazing. The gameplay hasn’t changed much over the years but it’s the best shooting controls around anyways. I understand them shifting focus to multiplayer but when you make a billion dollars every year I feel like that’s a bullshit excuse to say that people don’t want the campaign. I think they were well into development with the same jump pack boosting bullshit multi and seen the crap sales on infinite warfare and the better sales on Ww2 and had to ditch the campaign to get everyone reworking the online game.
    The wall running & core powers in BO3 are good stuff. While it plays like a CoD game, BO3 puts a nice twist on things making it "not just" CoD. I used Chaos core for most of the game- what's not to like about sicking firefly swarms on enemy soldiers to torch them, or setting an enemy robot ablaze instantly & even taking out others with the detonation? There's just the right amount of fucked up stuff going on as you get closer to the end of the campaign. Shame there may never be another one like this.

8. The Last of Us I played maybe the first third of this when the PS4 version came out and I felt guilty about not finishing it for as loved as it is. But I didn't love it. The characters and their relationship is great, but the narrative moved slowly and ended abruptly and the stealth-heavy gameplay wasn't really my bag. Good game but not a favorite.

9. 12. Quantum Break

Played on Hard. This was pretty neat. I'd say that I liked it about as much as I remember liking Alan Wake, though the theme was a little more bland. The time distortion effects make for a super unique-looking game, and while the combat is mostly standard third person shooter stuff the abilities are fun to toy with. The final battle has some really dumb visual queues that bugged the hell out of me, lol.

10. Nier Automata. Finished all the Main endings. Thumbs up. Would play another.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle