Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1323252627

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. Last 2 games right before midnight:

Alien Vs. Predator (Arcade/Mame): I read about the hype and it is true, this is one of the better beatem ups. So many moves and never feels unfair, the game just feel so good. It is not too terribly hard either, probably took less than 20 credits for me to finish. OTOH...

Robocop (Arcade/Mame): I used to love this arcade game back in the 80s, the graphics/sound were awesome but the control/physics blow. Robocop is too stiff and jumps funny, and the whole game is ridiculously difficult. There were moments where I continue and lasted less than 5 seconds because there were so many things shooting at you and you can't even do anything. Plus, you fight the same boss over and over and over again but just harder. It probably took me 100 credits to finish this, and the stages were quite short. Beating the final boss will automatically net you the high score too since it is so unbalanced. What a dumb game.

2. Robocop is stupid past the first level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Robocop is stupid past the first level.
    True, I never got past lvl 2 in the arcades.

4. That first level super nails the Robocop aesthetic, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Just tried it a few times & almost got to stage 7. I screwed up on the double ED-209 boss battle.

There is a trick I've seen someone on Youtube do with this one. When you reach floor 7 of the OCP building, you're about ready to face the 2 ED-209's. At the end of 6F you'll find a power jar. For now, leave it there. Keep moving til you trigger the boss, then turn back & take the lift down to 6F. You'll take a little damage from passing through the left ED-209. Now take the jar to refill your life & start blasting away at it from below until it's gone. Go back to 7F then take out the one on the right.

If you find Robocop's difficulty ridiculous, you're warned, Robocop 3 on SNES/Genesis is just sadistic... even on the first level!

6. I never want to play this shit game again. Okay I lied, I will play the first level again but I don't want to wear out the coin button. I did like the bonus target practice stage. I miss these bonus rounds from arcade games of that vintage.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Last 2 games right before midnight:

Alien Vs. Predator (Arcade/Mame): I read about the hype and it is true, this is one of the better beatem ups. So many moves and never feels unfair, the game just feel so good. It is not too terribly hard either, probably took less than 20 credits for me to finish. OTOH...

Robocop (Arcade/Mame): I used to love this arcade game back in the 80s, the graphics/sound were awesome but the control/physics blow. Robocop is too stiff and jumps funny, and the whole game is ridiculously difficult. There were moments where I continue and lasted less than 5 seconds because there were so many things shooting at you and you can't even do anything. Plus, you fight the same boss over and over and over again but just harder. It probably took me 100 credits to finish this, and the stages were quite short. Beating the final boss will automatically net you the high score too since it is so unbalanced. What a dumb game.
    Man, I haven't played AVP for a while but it was such a great surprise. I love beat em ups and it's definitely one of the best. After I played that and the D&D games, I decided Capcom were crowned the beat 'em up masters in my mind. I had a lot of fun playing their game Vendetta as well. It might not actually be great, but I loved how you smack guys with bats against the wall in that game.

I didn't know the Robocop NES game was based on this arcade game! I don't think I ever saw it in arcades. I hated the NES game so much and I loved Robocop so much. What a dilemma... Probably my first licensed game fail (Adventures in the Magic Kingdom?) but I continued to get licensed games after that. Kids are dumb suckers I guess.