Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 818202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    People still keep track of gamer score?
    It's not everyone's cup of tea but yeah people do. I like it =\.
    Send me your email if you have Real ID or your BattleTag I'm always online playing Blizzard games.

2. 24) Steel Empire (PC) 1,784,048 pts. Normal- Used the zeppelin in all stages. 1CC
    Good remake of the Genesis steampunk shmup, ported from the 3DS one. Just released on Steam, it's on sale right now for $10 (going up to $15 on the 20th).

3. 15. La-Mulana (2012)

I definitely have not played anything like this. It's an open-ended action-platformer with excellent music, Castlevania-style combat and jumping (roughly), and some stunning bosses, but what makes it stand out are some completely ridiculous puzzles. The sense of mystery throughout the earlier parts of the game is downright magic: you run into new region after new region (each with clear obstacles you can't yet surmount that stick into your brain) and you're constantly taking note of crucial info given to you by NPCs and tablets. It rules.

...But I would be legitimately surprised if anybody has solved this game without any outside help. I couldn't come close! It feels like there are a lot of red herrings and a lot of situations where your actions cause subtle changes on the opposite side of the game's massive world. I understand that this game is largely inspired by Maze of Galious, but can that game really be this crazy?

Either way, even with the help of a guide, this was fantastic. The action side of the game is no slouch, and everything fits perfectly into the ruins exploration theme.

4. 25) NBA Hangtime (arcade)
    Played all games as the 76ers. 29 wins/15 losses for a .659 winning percentage. Got the Bulls down by 10 in the championship game (56-46). Lost one to them before this & seriously thought about playing as the Detroit Pistons (knowing Mark Turmell had rigged the original NBA Jam to screw the Bulls over if they went against Detroit).

5. Hangtime was good, always wanted to try the Maximum Hangtime kit. I had no idea about the rigged Bulls thing, that's great.

We used to have a 4 player NBA Jam cab back in the day, I thought I knew everything about that game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Hangtime was good, always wanted to try the Maximum Hangtime kit. I had no idea about the rigged Bulls thing, that's great.

We used to have a 4 player NBA Jam cab back in the day, I thought I knew everything about that game!
    On the original Jam, if the Bulls are playing against the Pistons they will get nerfed. Pippen & Grant get afflicted with a stat drop, & the Bulls' clutch performance takes a serious dive. Their late game shots have a higher chance of bricking.
    If you're smoking the CPU on Hangtime, the game does start to rig against you. This is not the same as CPU assistance- you can't turn it off with a code. I had team fire on another game against the Spurs & scored several 3s. Once that ended with me in a 21 point lead... my accuracy tanked for awhile, as the CPU's improved. This happened while CPU assist was disabled with Tournament Mode.

I've seen someone totally trash the CPU with a 100 point lead on the N64 version. That would probably be impossible on the arcade with its way stronger comeback logic. No surprise, since keeping the game close increases the chance of a tie, which would make you spend another 2 quarters for OT.

One thing I've read about Max is it sometimes puts the CPU team just a single shot away from going on fire at the start of a game. So if they get one double dunk or alley-oop, watch out. There are hidden hotspots on the court for each player that give them an accuracy boost.

7. Wuppo - pretty fun and cute game. Kind of abrupt ending.

8. I finished up Tales from the Borderland (PS4) on Saturday. It was an alright game.

9. 26) NFL Blitz (arcade)
    Beat all 30 teams with the Eagles. Last opponent was the Packers- it took a retry, but I got them with a 30-20 win. Used mostly running plays, since that's what Phila is best with (4/5 on rushing, 2/5 on passing).
    Had fun with this, despite some frustrating rubberband tactics with the CPU AI (that's not part of CPU Assistance... turning on Tournament Mode doesn't stop it). Good BGM by Dan "Toasty!" Forden.

10. The sound design was so good in that game. Awesome psuedo sequel to Super High Impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!