Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. 1.) South Park: The Fractured But Whole

What a HUGE disappointment. What a boring, unfunny, pile of shit. It tried saving me from myself by crashing 3 times, but I was too stubborn. Surely there’d eventually have to be something about this game that approached the brilliance of Stick of Truth right?
    No.
    No hysterical levels modelled after some outlandish theme? No, in fact aside from a few 5 or 6 screen long set pieces, there’s no levels at all! You just keep wandering from one boring edge of town to the other boring edge of town, fighting the same boring character models repeating the same boring lines. The battle system is a tedious joke. The “artifact” system is a joke. “Here’s 200 pieces of stat enhancing objects you can use to build your custom character- HA! Fooled your ass. You’re going to use the ones with the highest number in the corner because that matters more than the effect of the item.

I also don’t understand why the reasoning for the gimped character class system.
    When you begin the game, you choose to be one class of three, and you have 3 moves + 1 special. Eventually you can dual class. But you’re still limited to 3 moves and 1 special. Eventually you unlock 9 (or something like that) classes and eventually you can be them all at once. But who cares? Because you’re still limited to 3 moves and 1 special.

This frickin’ game gets to join the likes of everything after Heroes Season 1, everything after The Matrix, and everything after Lost season 5.
    I’m going to wipe it from my mind with a bullet if I have to so I can go through life unaware that something as funny and subversive as Stick of Truth ever had such an awful, unfulfilling cash in of a sequel.

2. Oh, and because the battles in SoT were such a breeze, I played at the second highest difficulty. Did this result in amazing tactics serving my ass over and over until I got good? No, it resulted in my dudes hitting for 100 damage while the enemies had several thousand hit points while they hit me for several hundred damage while most of my dudes had 700ish hit points. If the computer had any sense at all, I’d have been destroyed in seconds. But no, it would ignore characters a breath away from dying to focis on a full health dude, giving me enough time to heal three characters so one could attack, and slowly whittle the number of enemies down to nil.
    So lame. So boring.

3. They spent yeaaaaars making Stick of Truth, it sounded like Buttwhole was just kicked out the door as fast as they could get it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

What a shame, Stick was amazing.

5. It really was. I was really surprised with it. I stayed away from FBW because I don't like the Coon and friends stuff. Glad I did too.

6. Stick, from a reference standpoint, was great because because even for someone like me that until season 19 hadnt watched the show since the movie came out, there were a ton of things I “got.”
    For FBW, if you didnt watch the dozen or so episodes it pulled material from, you’d be like, “what?”

7. I downloaded the demo of butthole a few days ago and stopped after 20 minutes. It was atrocious.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Super C (NES): 429160

1cc it, got to Stage 8 on 2nd loop but died on that stupid one difficult jump. I need to buy Contra and finish that next.

9. Finished Secret of Mana PS4. I enjoyed it! Still has some janky shit like the original but the improvements are nice. Using shortcuts to spam the hell outta magic made the bosses pretty damn easy and quick to beat. I’ve always been a fan of the original and I don’t think this was the train wreck the Internet is making it out to be.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Super C (NES): 429160

1cc it, got to Stage 8 on 2nd loop but died on that stupid one difficult jump. I need to buy Contra and finish that next.
    Excellent!