Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. The first stage of HGH, with the vocalized music, made me smile. It really gave me a Saturn vibe.

1). I beat Batman: Arkham Asylum on the Xbone. I'd beaten this one before, but it's my favorite in the series and imo the best superhero game of all time. I got the Return to Arkham set at Walmart for $18 and really wanted to play it again. The game still holds up quite well.

2. 1.) Endless Ocean Blue World

I've played this game probably a dozen times, but I never "beat" it. I'd collect a bunch of shit, get a bunch of maps filled out, and then lose interest and move on. Then because I'm weird I'd have to start from the beginning instead of just picking up where I left off.
    Anyway, this time I did not so much exploring and collecting, and just did what I had to in order to roll the credits. I may go back to it again someday, hopefully with this game save so I can do all the extra stuff at my own leisure.
    I wish to god someone with Activision's or Ubisoft's dollars would make a modern underwater exploration game, but I know it'll not happen or if it does it will be more combat oriented and thus no fun to me.

3. Endless Ocean sounds kinda boring on paper but I am always intrigued by it (probably because you talk about it every now and then). I should pick them up one of these days.

4. I'd love a David Attenborough Presents: XXXX line of games.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. I would buy David Attenborough narrated games.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

That would be amazing. He's over 90 so it needs to done quickly.

7. Rayman Legends. Needed something to hold me over on Switch until Owlboy and Bayonetta come out, and this was on sale. I played a bit of Origins and a lot of the mobile games, so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect, but this was still a pleasant surprise at some points. The music levels at the end of each world are fantastic, and some of the bosses are really cool.

Outcast: Second Contact (PS4)
    For a remake of a 1999 game that mostly keeps the original structure the same but ups the graphics, its design still manages to feel ambitious today. Clunky controls and mediocre voice acting aside, I'm impressed with the amount of freedom this game gives in terms of letting you choose the order and methods you do tasks.

9. 1.) South Park Stick of Truth

I noticed the voucher that came with FBW was due to expire 1/31, so I redeemed it on the 30th. I had no intention of actually playing it since it wasn't that long ago that I beat it. But I started playing a little bit the other day, and then beat it yesterday. I'm kinda shocked how quickly it went by this time. I still missed the same chinpokomon that I missed the last time, so it must be pretty well hidden.
    While it didn't pack the same punch as the first time I played it, I didn't expect it to. You can't be surprised/grossed out by shit you know is coming. However, I still found myself chuckling at a bunch of the one liners/ inside jokes.
    I played as a Jew this time, and became fairly overpowered half way through. The plague magic makes quick work of just about everything.
    Now I'm watching the recommended episodes so I can begin FBW. Woo~

10. Doom (2016) rules.

I know it got a ton of praise on release but I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. That combat loop of sprinting around blasting everything that moves, switching weapons for different enemies as they pop up and diving in for Glory kills is a complete blast.

It's got everything. Awesome graphics and sound design. Perfect control and speed (even jumping around to navigate around is great). Perfect power up placement to keep them from getting old. A lot of enemy types. Neat level design (I think the first level is the worst which isn't good to start the game with) with tons of secrets. Only big complaint there is a hidden door switch that's along a bridge that took me forever to find. That brought me to a grinding hault for awhile. I liked the level of challenge on Hurt Me Plenty as whenever I died, I never felt cheated. I made mistakes and the game made me pay for it.

And the weapons! One of my favorite things about Bioshock was the weapon variety and how upgrades made the gun visually different and behave much differently. It's not just a damage boost. Discovering the best use for each weapon and switching things up as combat changes around you is so much fun.