Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2018: Lock & Load Then Rock & Roll

1. Count Lucanor (PSV): Charming little adventure game that didn't overstay its welcome. I find the puzzles pretty easy (except for the library room), and I like the alternate ways of solving puzzles that lead to good/bad endings. I did the good/better ending but will go back to get the bad endings.

2. 11) Mortal Kombat (AC)
    Finished with Scorpion.

3. Home (PSV): This is barely a game, more of a 2D pixelated walking simulator. The premise is cooler than it sounds, basically your choice (whether to pick up items or see certain things) shape the (text) ending. It takes a little over an hour to finish, so I did a couple of times and will never touch it again.

4. I finished Hexen, hardest difficulty with the cleric. Don't feel like doing the XP after I went in and decided it felt like those amateur Doom WADs.

This game has way more bullshit than Heretic. It's infamous for being a game where you can easily miss something and not know where to go next, but more than that, there are way too many traps to be fun if you don't like saving within a level (which I don't).

Torment: Tides of Numenera

It was nice to have an RPG that I could finish in 15 hours and I definitely recommend it for fans of story heavy games. This brought back great memories of Planescape: Torment but a few things keep it from reaching those heights.

The battles are so fucking slow paced as the enemies take their sweet time to do anything. I didn't dread battles in Planescape.

There's very little challenge. In Planescape, at least I would get stuck sometimes and have to discover where to go. And while the character upgrades have more complexity in Numenera, you don't need to bother learning most of it.

The characters just aren't as memorable in Numenera. Plus the tone is almost completely serious. Planescape mixed it up a bit more with humour.

6. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Worth playing through once for the atmosphere. The object-finding puzzles, simple combat, and monologues got a bit repetitive. It's not a long game but being an hour or two shorter would have paced it better.
    I agree. I'm about 5 hours in, and if I see one more damn "find the shape in the environment" puzzle... the combat is bad, too.

But the presentation, especially the audio, is SO damn good... I'm still being pulled along by a thread. I'd like to finish it, I actually do like the story.

7. I finished Call of Duty WW2 and... meh. I can't even tell you what I didn't like about it but it just felt stale. And I was really looking forward to WW2 themed COD again. Off to sniper elite 4.

8. I finished up Far Cry 5 last night. I now feel like I need to check into rehab for substance abuse, after going through the whole Bliss hallucinations and not knowing what is real, or just an illusion. The story is so wack, that I really don't know how I feel about this game. It's better than Primal (which also had those hallucination hunts), but nowhere as good as Far Cry 4 was. I hope that Ubisoft does not do any more of these goofy hallucination missions, because they are so off the wall and make the game feel silly. Also, Why would anyone waste a nuke on Montana?

9. 12) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PC)
    Played on Hardened difficulty.
    Just couldn't be bothered with WWII. I think I've had enough historic themes in this series. Sci-fi/futuristic stuff is where it's at.
    The mech combat in this is one of my favorite parts, almost like F.E.A.R. 2's Replica Power Armor with its unlimited rockets/missiles that reload after a few seconds. So is the Exo suit's grappling hook in some missions. Not only is it good for zipping onto ledges/buildings, but it can also kill enemies.

Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4)
    If you want something that captures the vibe of 16-bit JRPGs except shorter, more linear, and with no grinding, this is well worth checking out. The music is amazing. The cinemas aren't as nice artistically as the best stuff on Sega/Turbo CD but those were high budget games of the time.