Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XenoCrisis: New Smash T.V. Style Shooter for the Genesis

1. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    It's a Genesis game? We're in a time where games that look like this can do well on Steam. You'd think they'd have a PC port too. Genesis collectors will pay their big $ for whatever the hell and they'd still get PC sales.

Now, it's just bullshit
    The ROM is $15, is not being distributed through Steam a big deal? I agree they should pack it with an emulator and do that, but you can still get a digital copy relatively easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I guess I'll be the one to say it.
    Nothing I've seen about this game looks as amazing as Flink. It's all just standard Genesis looking stuff.
    I'm not very familiar with Flink but I think this looks pretty good for the hardware. Better than, say, Gauntlet, Shadowrun, and Crackdown.
    Last edited by Tain; 06 Jan 2018 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    The ROM is $15, is not being distributed through Steam a big deal? I agree they should pack it with an emulator and do that, but you can still get a digital copy relatively easily.

I'm not very familiar with Flink but I think this looks pretty good for the hardware. Better than, say, Gauntlet, Shadowrun, and Crackdown.
    Flink is a masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvuUwYBgvc&t

In my top 5 games, for sure.
    I took all your French Toast.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Art by the Flink dude already makes this amazing. He's so uber talented.
    Agreed. The Genesis version of Smash TV doesn't look nearly half this good. Contra 4 (this needs to quit being an NDS exclusive, where the hell is a PC or console version?) & Gunlord have some kickass art by him, also.

4. He also did Lomax on the Playstation.

I interviewed the developers. The game looks very promising, imo.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    It's a Genesis game? We're in a time where games that look like this can do well on Steam. You'd think they'd have a PC port too. Genesis collectors will pay their big $ for whatever the hell and they'd still get PC sales.

Now, it's just bullshit
    They reached their last stretch goal, so it's coming to Switch and Steam as well now.

6. Henk Neiborg is one of the best pixel artists ever. This looks great. Reminds me a bit of Alien Syndrome.

7. New gameplay video:

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    He also did Lomax on the Playstation.

I interviewed the developers. The game looks very promising, imo.
    Awesome interview! Seems like a really nice guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Henk Neiborg is one of the best pixel artists ever. This looks great. Reminds me a bit of Alien Syndrome.
    Yeah, he really is!

New footage looks great. I know it's 3483895% different, but something about it sorta reminds me of General Chaos as well.
    I took all your French Toast.

9. Looks like a fun game with snappy movement, but I agree with SSJN in that Neiborg's signature is nowhere. It's indistinguishable from Soldiers of Fortune or a million other Genesis games.

10. I'm in.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL