Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: This month's haul: January 2018.~

1. I’d love your impressions of Elex.
    General consensus is that it’s hot garbage, but there are people who say underneath its many bugs and jank, there’s a fun game.
    Remember, when everyone was creaming their pants about Oblivion, I vastly preferred Two Worlds II.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    So, I got a snes classic mini.

And I spent more than I would rather have in Dec on whatever.

I'll let it go, brand new, for what I have in it ($88) plus shipping if anyone wants it.

You'll have to do paypal gift payment though.
    I'm pretty sure KoF has been looking for one for awhile.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. I am good, I found several actually at Target. I think even scalpers aren't buying them any more.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Nice! I found Dragon Quest VIII for 3DS at Target clearance. I wish there is a run button.
    I'd really like one of these and my local Targets were all out if anyone finds one.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I’d love your impressions of Elex.
    General consensus is that it’s hot garbage, but there are people who say underneath its many bugs and jank, there’s a fun game.
    Remember, when everyone was creaming their pants about Oblivion, I vastly preferred Two Worlds II.
    The first few hours have been great but I can understand why it doesn't have wide appeal. It's super difficult and doesn't baby you with enemies scaling to your level or directly telling you everything you need to do. The combat is clunky but that's not the main appeal for me. This is a Morrowind-like experience where I'm happy to explore and experiment and come back to difficult parts later. Anyone wanting/expecting Skyrim will be disappointed.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    I'd really like one of these and my local Targets were all out if anyone finds one.
    That was the last copy, but I will keep an eye out. TBH, it is not that big of a savings at $14 as I have seen GS clearing them out at low 20's.

7. bought a steamed hams t-shirt last week because apparently I am bad with money, came in the mail today

e: also because I'm bad with money I bought a new tv that I'm pretty excited about, as 1) current tv status predates 1080p60 and still has a ccfl backlight, 2) after setting up the 55" model last night for someone and watching some 4K content I was sold on it
    Last edited by cka; 13 Jan 2018 at 02:53 PM.

8. Fire Emblem Warriors Switch
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Switch

Still waiting on Young Mr. Lincoln Criterion Blu-ray. Hopefully, Amazon won't botch it like they did with the Arrow edition of The Apartment (they cancelled my pre-order, which was well in advance and then got some in). I ended up getting the digital HD version of the The Apartment (which seems to be a nice print) for 4.99 instead.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 10 Jan 2018 at 10:07 PM.

9. I decided to drop by a Half Price Books near my house. It is usually more expensive that some of the other HPB stores I visit in the metroplex, so I wasn't really expecting to find much.

Conker's Live and Reloaded (Xbox): I'd been looking at this title for a long time. I constantly saw it at Movie Trading Company selling for $32 and always passed on it thinking that the price would eventually come down. It never did and the title disappeared from the stores that I'd seen it at. Today, I found it for $20 at this HPB, which was quite a surprise, considering that they were selling Wild Arms 5 for $75, and Call of Cthulhu (Xbox) for $44.

Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity (PC): This is an enhanced version of the original game and it now offers the ability to build Space Stations. I've played the original title quite a bit last year, so I'm pretty stoked to give this version a try.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 13 Jan 2018 at 08:35 PM.

10. Wild Arms 5 is a bargain at any price.