Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: This month's haul: January 2018.~

1. got a few saturn imports coming in - Shining Force Premium Disc, Sega Ages: Power Drift & Gunbird - and grabbed a few things locally, in addition to the cardboard box for a 32X because i'm clearly giving up on making sound financial decisions
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

2. Blew most of a $100 Target gift card I got for Christmas on a bunch of $10 4K and standard blu rays. Mostly super hero popcorn flicks I don't like, but the kids do.
    (and I'll watch them occasionally too).

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    That bat top looks slick, but I've always liked the stubbier Sanwa bats, because you can still hold it similar to a balltop.
    I did end up with a plastic Sanwa bat top as well, which I've played around with myself. I could see where if you were more used to a bat top but liked balltops how it would make a really nice middle ground kind of set up.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I love that game. The difference between Talos and Witnesses is in their relationships between their puzzles and their environments. In Talos, they're one in the same. The puzzles are the environment and the environment is the puzzles. That organicism is really compelling, plus the puzzle design is just great.

In The Witness, environment and puzzles are severed from each other. You're walking around this gorgeous environment being constantly interrupted by glorified McDonald's placemat games that are alienated from what surrounds them.

You could turn The Witness into a Barnes and Nobles check out line puzzle book and not lose much. You couldn't do that to The Talos Principle because it is a videogame.
    This post is profound sadness. And ARBM has no idea why. (how was I the first to make this weird, suggestive reply?)
    Last edited by FirstBlood; 23 Jan 2018 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    This post is profound sadness. And ARBM has no idea why. (how was I the first to make this weird, suggestive reply?)
    If you're getting at what I think, I didn't want to kind of spoil anything. The puzzles are really good. I just got the platinum trophy last night but still have a ton of little things I could do, which probably won't get finished anytime soon because Monster Hunter.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    My Fiance and I are both animators so we've got framed posters from a bunch of animated movies all over our place.
    Yeah sorry the poster was the first thing to catch my eye. lol Btw I love Bat-tops also over the ball tops for arcade joystick action.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. No it's all good, I was just explaining it. That doorway actually leads to our kitchen so it kind of made sense to go there.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Today’s pawn haul:

3854C6D4-6748-4DFD-BE07-ECEA3BACDE50.jpeg

While I like this style of game and have wanted to try this, it’s also a prime example of how fucking ugly SNES games became. The first Super Adventure Island (with its misgivings) was a color explosion with some gorgeous backdrops and scrolling. It could have been misjudged as a arcade title at first glance, which could be echoed of many first year SNES titles. The drab tiled sequel seems on par with the bulk of later SNES action games.

Nice, I never played the second one. I didn't have an appreciation for Adventure Island games until recently.

10. a buddy got back from japan & picked up some of my bigger saturn wants on the cheap! even tossed in a shining in the darkness guide..full color with maps! awesome day.
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif