Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: This month's haul: January 2018.~

1. Unfortunately it's really bad. It seems that they didn't have access to the original development assets, and basically made their own version of the game. Which has lead to it having a ton of issues, not just visual effects missing but, things like invisible bullets, and difficulty settings not actually changing anything in the game. Hopefully they can patch/fix these issues but we shall see. It would probably be worth holding off on the game till then.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Talos Principle and The Witness are both very good IMO (and have very similar atmospheres), I recommend the former over the latter.

I don’t know if I agree with the criticism of puzzles In that they could be easily done in a book, many require environmental clues that if you had the clue isolated in such a a way, it would ruin the puzzle. A lot of them, yes, but the way the game works is that the game never tells you any rules. You figure out from the first puzzle part of the rules, then the second one has a bit of a wrinkle (this depends on the complexity, though, so some just get progressively difficult), until you have all the rules. A book can’t tell you if you’re right or wrong, and that’s how you learn. And there is no right direction to walk on the island, so you’ll see puzzles that make no sense at all...until you learn the rules from other areas. That is a bit of a drawback at times because you might not know at the time that you can’t possibly know this, but I think it largely works.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 19 Jan 2018 at 11:53 AM.

I agree with Joust on Witness, having just played/beaten it. Though I think it's usually obvious when you haven't learned the rules of a certain puzzle (it's just a type of icon you haven't seen before).

I really liked the puzzles, and will definitely try Talos since most people have said that they enjoyed that even more. The end of the Witness actually sort of put a huge damper on my enthusiasm for going back to find things, partially because of the style and partially because there's not much more excitement of figuring out and seeing something new and different.
    Last edited by Darmonde; 19 Jan 2018 at 04:26 PM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

4. Joytech component switch, needed one of these for awhile.

5. Two Amazon price drops: Summon Night 6 (PS4) and Evil Within 2 for ~$20/EA. Would have preferred the Vita version of the former, but it's double the price.

SN6 doesn't appear to be well-received but SN5 is without a doubt one of the best SRPGs I've ever played. I'm optimistic.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Summon Night 6 (PS4). Would have preferred the Vita version of the former, but it's double the price.
    I thought I was getting the wonderful Vita version but then I got hosed out it at the last minute.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Unfortunately it's really bad. It seems that they didn't have access to the original development assets, and basically made their own version of the game. Which has lead to it having a ton of issues, not just visual effects missing but, things like invisible bullets, and difficulty settings not actually changing anything in the game. Hopefully they can patch/fix these issues but we shall see. It would probably be worth holding off on the game till then.
    Yeah, I wish I held off. The "minus" in the title should have been a hint. At least Gunbird and Magical Drop were worth the purchase, even if the latter is currently available on the US store. I wish NoA would get their act together. Last I checked, Gunbird is still missing from the US eShop, but is still available on the EU and JP eShops.

Mario and Rabbids arrived. It turned out to be the EU version, but no issue here since Switch games are region free and the game is still playable in English.

Red and Blue Joycons and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 arrived too. I decided to order the official charging grip, as well, though I feel the grip that came with the system should have been a charging grip.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 20 Jan 2018 at 08:14 PM.

8. Gunbird was up in the US, but there was some kind of exploit and they took it down. It's been just over 3 weeks since it went down, so hopefully it'll be back up.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Gunbird was up in the US, but there was some kind of exploit and they took it down. It's been just over 3 weeks since it went down, so hopefully it'll be back up.
    That's what I heard, but it's lame that it's still not on the US shop when it's up everywhere else. I didn't want to wait, so I used some JP eshop credit to buy it from the JP store.

10. With as few games as you have to play, I can understand not wanting to wait.