Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SRK's forums are closing

1. SRK's forums are closing

Don't know if it's important enough to make a thread, but another of the big ones is going down!
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. Weird. I JUST went on there today for the first time in years. Don't even know why. Any reason or just lack of traffic?

Edit:

Lack of traffic. I see the post there now.

3. It's a shame, but I can't say I'm surprised. They do nothing to promote the forums, and even have a completely different account system for the main page, which serves no purpose whatsoever.
    The actual game strategy sections have been in decline, and OT is just a cesspool.
    There are some threads for old school fighting games that I like to follow, but they can go for months at a time without updates.

Most of the forum sections have always been garbage, but I'll miss the tech section. A lot of good products came out of it, and there's a lot of info that wasn't anywhere else.

5. Yeah SRK forums was pretty much a ghost of what it used to be when Alpha 2 was a thing. Well the whole of the FGC is just a fucking toxic mess now.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. rip ryuROCKst

7. Soon TNL will be the last standing.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    rip ryuROCKst
    If we can't get his posts forever preserved in the library of congress before the plug is pulled, then humanity is a failed experiment.

what are we talking about? There are other game forums?

10. I was 16 years ahead of 'em