Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn (AC)

1. Arcade House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn (AC)

Source: Arcade Heroes
    Sega House of the Dead site

Sega is testing a 5th House of the Dead for arcades, HotD: Scarlet Dawn. The cabinet design is a theater-type like the one for Namco's Dark Escape, complete with vibrating seats & air blasters.
    This Friday, it will be tested in Akihabara over the weekend. It's running on UE4.

Hopefully this one will use wired guns instead of the mounted type. This one puts the House back in HotD, rather than taking place in an office building. Seems like it'll keep the machine guns from 4, and some zombie types like the dual axe wielders will return. Doesn't look too bad.

2. This caught me off guard but it sounds awesome.

3. Am I going to have to go to Dave and Busters for this?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Am I going to have to go to Dave and Busters for this?
    Maybe, if they have one in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Am I going to have to go to Dave and Busters for this?
    Maybe, but you could go to Round1 instead. Even if they don't have it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    Maybe, but you could go to Round1 instead. Even if they don't have it.
    Tell them to open a store in Oregon then.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Well they have one in Washington state, one in Colorado, and one is opening soon in Utah. It'll get there, I think.

8. Location test info.

Here's some info from the location test thanks to Arcade Heroes (source). Sometimes there will be a "rescue your partner" event.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Heroes
    The game is a true sequel to House of the Dead 4
    It does NOT use mounted guns but wired, free movement uzis
    Gameplay is similar in style to HOTD4 thanks to the automatic guns
    Story takes place 3 years after HOTD4, follows Kate Green and Ryan Taylor (brother of James Taylor)
    Additional weapons are available (grenades, shotgun, rocket launcher)
    Chariot returns
    You can choose different routes like in previous HOTD games
    Has different modes such as an “explosive sound mode” and “Master Mode”
    Graphically it looks very sharp
    Is online enabled via Aime and includes a nationwide leaderboard and trophies
    Sounds good enough. If there's a PS4 version later on, Day One purchase.

9. A PS4 port better at least have Move support, if not an outright decent light gun solution.

10. Throwback Tokyo's video from chapters 0 & 1, up to the Chariot boss battle.

Ryan Taylor's voice is goofy as hell. Gotta have that though- this is HOTD. The guns are modeled after the H&K MP7.

There doesn't seem to be much gore compared to earlier parts of the series, especially the splatterrific HOTD 3. Zombies just burn up when you kill them, WTF? Maybe a tradeoff for it having more enemies on screen at one time?

Sega should bundle all the HOTD titles into one package. PSVR Aim should be good for this.