Thread: Aka to Blue (Mobile, Arcade)

1. Aka to Blue (Mobile, Arcade)

Aka to Blue is a mobile STG by some ex-Cave guys that came out around 3 months ago on Android and iOS. It's probably the best of the mobile STGs, imo, with tough stage design from the get-go (probably to make up for it being structured stage-by-stage) and really nice presentation. Make sure to turn off autobomb!

Just the other day, though, an arcade port was announced, and it sounds like a real thorough reworking so I'm really excited.

Mobile launch trailer:

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/952101355006513152[/qu
    Quote Originally Posted by GSK on Twitter
    from Japan Game Music Festival: Aka to Blue Type R, coming to arcades this year! changes include traditional controls, 4:3 screen ratio & stage/system adjustments, increased bg/model details, restoration of content cut from the original release & more

I chased a few links around and didn't see mention of hardware anywhere. It'd be nice if this was TypeX, so that maybe it could run on one of their multi-title fighting game cabinets which I've seen before.

3. Tried the mobile version out, it's definitely legit. Especially since the cave stuff and Ikaruga are no longer available on Android, it's good to have something with this level of polish.