Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Connection Help

Do multiple computers do this or you just have 1 to try? Is wireless included, can you test that with the same machine, or a different device to see if it's seeing the same types of behavior?

Also, is that error message coming from chrome?
    Last edited by Darmonde; 19 Jan 2018 at 03:38 PM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

2. I've only one laptop here, but I can switch it to wifi and see if it still happens, and bring a different one tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I've only one laptop here, but I can switch it to wifi and see if it still happens, and bring a different one tomorrow.
    Added a question about Chrome above, but it probably went through after you replied. If it's a chrome message, see if the error happens in firefox/IE?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

4. ewe.
    I'll switch to Edge after messing around with chrome in wifi a bit.

5. So, to rule out your end, let's take inventory of what is yours.
    You have the laptop. Switch to WiFi to rule out the physical interface. See what happens with another laptop.
    Replace the cable. Maybe you broke it somewhere with the sharp edge of a TV.
    Is the router your's or Spectrum's? If it's yours, you might have some basic diagnostic options, or if it's Spectrum they can send out a tech to replace it.

I'm with cka. It sounds like your connection is being reset by the network, so setting the info manually might help if any automatic settings are failing.
    You can always unplug your network equipment for a couple minutes.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

My guess is in settings. Wired and wireless or multiple waps with the same network and the machine is jumping between connections, which chrome doesn't like sometimes. But it's a wild guess, plenty to test still.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

7. I'm on wifi now, which I have turned off otherwise. It hasn't happened again yet but we will see.
    I tried swapping in a new ethernet cable a few days ago, obviously didn't help.
    It is Spectrum's modem/router all in one deal.

Do you have any of your own hardware besides that 1 router, or was the laptop plugged directly into the Spectrum one?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

9. laptop and cc machine are directly into spectrum modem.

10. If this isn't happening with other machines, happens across browsers and a network cable change, could it be his ethernet adapter?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.