Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Unskippable cutscenes & your own personal peeves in gaming

1. Stealing from Compass but when menus use color changes to indicate selections instead of cursors and you have no idea whether you're highlighting New Game or Continue.

Title screens in which Continue is not the default selection.

Loud footsteps as in Parasite Eve and Record of Lodoss DC.

When shopkeeps don't ask you if you'd like to Equip That Now.

Eating noises as in Bioshock.

Conspicuous menu noises. There was one middling PSX SRPG I had to play muted because the confirmation noise sounded like someone slapping a tumbler with a rolling pin. Hoshigami or Sayuki or Eternal Eyes or Kartia or something (I really like junky SRPGs).
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 29 Jan 2018 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Record of Lodoss DC.
    *clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang clang"

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Whats the story on Galaxies? Anyone running fan servers for that?
    There were fan servers for the game. I remember seeing one that required you to have the original disc, along with the expansions to get the full experience. I didn't have the wookie expansion, because I had quit playing the game by the time it had came out.

4. -Updates. Every game / app / whatever I forget about for a couple months refuses to fire up immediately when I decide to play it on a whim, which usually kills whatever drive I had to play the thing by the time it's done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Title screens in which Continue is not the default selection.
    yas

When shopkeeps don't ask you if you'd like to Equip That Now.
    YASSS
    man, you know you're playing an old one when shopkeeps don't even wanna tell you what changes in stats will look like
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

That's what Nintendo Power is for.

Terrible Inventory Systems
    Mistaking "providing your players with an opportunity to watch a bunch of progress bars resolve" for gameplay.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Lollies

Lollies with exposed skin and panty shots.

9. ugh.
    I dont mind a little cheesecake. I’ll admit that I even like a little cheesecake. The first Etrian is a good example. But the girls in these types of games (especially Vita dungeon crawlers) are made to look younger and younger and instead of a cute coyness they’ve devolved into overt sexiness. It’s gross.

10. I was enjoying Aragami until I got to the second boss. They always know where you are and Aragami gets insta-killed by everything that hits him.

I got to the third part of the fight and hit a checkpoint save. I quit playing cuz I had to leave. I started playing when I got back and find that I have to start the chapter over even though it saved my progress. The game was a breeze until now. Don't know where this difficulty came from so suddenly.
    Last edited by Headphone Actor; 05 Feb 2018 at 08:48 AM.