Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unskippable cutscenes & your own personal peeves in gaming

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    . . . is it me?
    No, I hate most segments that differ from the main game for the sake of variety. They're usually poorly done. Gears 1 and Bayo are good examples of that.

They can be good like in Vice: Project Doom.

2. Unskippable cutscenes & your own personal peeves in gaming

It’s about the experience. It can help break up an RPG and make the world feel bigger. I’ve shamefully not played Nier Automata, but most impressions praise the genre hopping in that.
    In a game with refined mechanics, that encourage score-attack play styles like Bayonetta or Dark Souls, it just gets in the way.

Games that focus on story: acceptable. Games that focus on gameplay: why are you complicating this.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. Hey A Robot Bit Me, would the Space Harrier section(s) have bothered you as much if they were well done?

4. nope.

5. IrishNinja- Thanks for bringing up NBA Jam TE. Now I just had to go play some. Jam TE was my first PS1 game.

One thing I'd rather not have to deal with is QTEs in an FPS or gun game. They're flow-breaking. A battle with a major antagonist in F.E.A.R. 2 is resolved strictly with QTEs. Same goes for Crysis 2, except you hit one button to kill him. Proper boss battles would be better in these cases.
    Now I'm fine with them in an RPG, especially if it's in a mini-game.

nah, get rid of qte

I never beat the Nightmare Before Christmas game because of that fucking gte at the end. You'd think they wanted me to get out a dance dance rev pad for it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Xero_Kaiser View Post
    Tutorials that treat you as if you've never held a controller in your life.
    I deleted Star Wars: The Old Republic from my PC HDD after going through over an hour of bs tutorials that required me to swing a wooden stick and shoot a blaster at drones in a small contained area. Star Wars: Galaxies threw you to the wolves and I loved the game for that.

Whats the story on Galaxies? Anyone running fan servers for that?

9. sometimes i wanna defend QTE's (it was a mess, but i liked Heavy Rain at the time) but then there's stuff like the final boss of Yakuza: Dead Souls that reminds me why they're mostly not so great

also i keep quicksaving in Dragon Force and being reminded how great that feature is and why every console RPG should have it
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif