Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: Unskippable cutscenes & your own personal peeves in gaming

1. Slowly rendered text that can't be skipped. Don't punish me for reading faster than a 2nd grader.

2. Yes.

Xenogears is actually a nine-hour game stretched to ninety by Star Wars crawl-speed text display.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    ugh.
    I dont mind a little cheesecake. I’ll admit that I even like a little cheesecake. The first Etrian is a good example. But the girls in these types of games (especially Vita dungeon crawlers) are made to look younger and younger and instead of a cute coyness they’ve devolved into overt sexiness. It’s gross.
    Final Fantasy is very guilty of this.

4. Dragon Quest VIII needs a run button.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Not being able to jump in a free roaming game.
    It's like a twitch, ya know?

If I'm running around in a game and just traversing large environments I want to jump every now and then. If I can't it really impacts my enjoyment. I can't explain it at all. Every open world game needs a jump button even if there's no mechanics in the game dependant on it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Slowly rendered text that can't be skipped. Don't punish me for reading faster than a 2nd grader.
    Just this. If it can't be skipped totally, why not at least allow it to be sped up?

7. yeah, games (VN's especially) letting you fast forward or even skip are a godsend, the kind that makes you mad it's not a standard

also, RPG's/etc that have me save right before a boss with unskippable exposition as extra punishment can suck a butt
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

8. Sometimes a boss turns invulnerable for a few seconds during a fight. Spikeout is guilty of this.

Not so much a pet peeve but metal saga let you hold down the back trigger buttons to speed up fights. It would cut a lot of special animations.

I wish every turn based rpg would copy this.

10. Took the family to Wisconsin Dells yesterday and spent time in a resort arcade with the kids. There was one of those arcade racers geared to toddlers, the kind with zero challenge just meant to spit out tickets. Despite the pastel, marshmallow visuals they opted to steal the announcer voice tracks from Crazy Taxi. Died a little inside.

Also what the hell is Nintendo’s continued investment in the arcade Cruisin series?